Defensive Carry banner

Lee Autoprime - Modification Idea

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DPAZ 
#1 ·
One thing I notice is alot people talk about using feel to get the seating depth right on a Lee Auto prime.

Now I dont intend to get ham fisted with my Auto Prime but I had an idea (not sure if it would work).

If you drilled a hole into the handle of the auto prime and put a long thin bolt with varying amount of washers on the head (to adjust how far the bolt protrudes out) then lock it in place with a couple of nuts.

This would mean the lever on the auto prime would go down a set distance each time and therfore seat the primer at a set depth each squeeze.

Sort of like an adjustable trigger travel on pistol.

Does this make sense ? does it sound like it might work ?

#2 ·
I sounds like a good idea but not all primer pockets are exactly the same depth due to manufacturing tolerances. If a primer pocket is at the minimum depth no problem since it would still bottom out but if one is at the maximum depth them you will be left with a primer that is not fully seated that may cause a misfire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.