380 auto 77 grain reloading

This is a discussion on 380 auto 77 grain reloading within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Magtech makes a 77 grain hollow point solid copper bullet I was considering reloading for my 380 auto. The only problem is I can't seem ...

Magtech makes a 77 grain hollow point solid copper bullet I was considering reloading for my 380 auto. The only problem is I can't seem to find any reloading information for a 77 grain bullet in a 380 auto. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!!
    "No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Contact Magtech and ask them, they should be able to give you their prefered load and powder. I'm betting the load data will be close to the 95gr or 100gr data due to the fact that copper is less dense then lead.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

While I was talking to Hodgdon on another matter, I asked about load data for this bullet. The rep said they wouldn't waste their time and resources on Magtech bullets. They were concerned w/ both QC and availability of bullets. They were not willing to commit lab time until these issues were addressed. In short your on your own w/ this bullet.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Well then I will scratch the magtech idea with that information. Thank You Ghuqu2!!
    "No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Try TJConovera's, they have Berry plated 380s in stock.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar

I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuqu2 View Post
    Contact Magtech and ask them, they should be able to give you their prefered load and powder. I'm betting the load data will be close to the 95gr or 100gr data due to the fact that copper is less dense then lead.
    I'm confused. I would not have guessed that density would be the controlling factor over mass. Could you elaborate some?
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Links