Defensive Carry banner

First Time Out With My Chrony.....and I Shot It!!!!

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  ROFL SQUAD 
#1 ·
Well, the title of my thread is a bit misleading, more on that later.

Today was my first day out with my chrony. I must say that it was really interesting to see the direct results of my reloading experiments. What I mean by experiments was same bullet, but different powder and primer combinations. I found the results to be somewhat interesting.

9mm, 115 grain berry's platted bullets for all 3 sets. I had 2 powders Unique and Hodgon Clay's. 3 different primers (CCI, Federal, and Wolf). All bullets were set at 1.14. Here are my results:

3.6 grains of Hodgon Clay's with CCI primers = 1027 fps average
3.6 grains of Hodgon Clay's with Federal primers = 1034 fps average
4.6 grains of Unique with Wolf primers = 1030 fps average

I guess I expected to see a little bit more of a difference in my average fps.

As far a shooting my Chrony, I now know why people suggested that I consider using wooden rods to hold up the diffusers :embarassed:

See less See more
#2 ·
As far a shooting my Chrony, I now know why people suggested that I consider using wooden rods to hold up the diffusers
Sooooo..........care to tell us what really happened?
By the way.....I don't have one, but wish I did.

#6 ·
Which # Unique powder?
There's only one Unique; it's a specific powder, not a brand name.

To the OP, your results are pretty much normal. The differences in brands of primers is significant only in the case of maximum pressure loads, and not always then.

Sorry you found out about the supports the hard way - at least it wasn't one of the sensors. :)

#8 ·
If it's any consolation I used to help out at an archery range that had a chronograph we regularly used to determine arrow speed. We only allowed patrons to use it to determine launch speed due to previous impacts with multiple parts. Some of them couldn't hold the bow steady enough to insure the path of the arrow wouldn't intersect with the equipment.

#10 ·
9mm 124g flat nose berrys cci primers 1.121 oal 4.6g of bullseye!

Pretty hot but accurate as hell! I've shot the tightest groups i've ever shot w/ my MP with this load. Be careful to measure each charge as 4.8 is the max loadw/ bullseye.

8.5 of blue dot produces nice groups as well.

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.