Let's See Your Reloading Bench - Page 6

Let's See Your Reloading Bench

This is a discussion on Let's See Your Reloading Bench within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Da dillon 650 094.jpg 095.jpg...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Let's See Your Reloading Bench

Da dillon 650094.jpg095.jpg

Here's mine (along with my trusty helper dog).

reload_bench.jpg
    The Old Anglo and RKflorida like this.

Senior Moderator

Another bench...

The Old Anglo likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Here is my bench, photo taken this morning. Lighting consists of the twin 32-watt T8 fixture plus four, 13-watt CFL's in clamp-style fixtures. It is BRIGHT.

On the far-right side is my powder vault, an old refrigerator that was free with the $151K house I bought in 2001 (paid off in '08!).

A look at what's currently inside the vault:

It still amazes me how good my 2003 Konica-Minolta 5.0 MP camera works...
    ccman and The Old Anglo like this.
    Four Rugers, three SIG Sauers; my SP101 3-1/16" .357 is shown in my avatar. I like reliability.

The Gun Room

Reloading Bench
    DSC00967.jpg

Size and Lube Bench
    DSC00968.jpg

Bullet and Die Storage
    DSC00969.jpg

Work Bench
    DSC00971.jpg

Was in the machine shop were my reloading bench is today and I snapped some pictures. This is a metal workbench that a local company was throwing away--I welded the bolted joints to add strength and mounted a HD shelf underneath. The storage drawers are the Library card catalogs that my daughter's school was throwing away. I removed the base and used part of it to raise the drawers. There is a RCBS press, Lyman Turret press mounted and temporarily another lyman mounted while I check it our. There are shelves above to store things like scales, books and "stuff".

This shop was built as a separate machine shop so it holds a couple lathes, mill, drill press, hydraulic press and heavy steel workbenches with Wilton vices on the opposite wall. There are 9 used kitchen cabinets that I salvaged out of a house I was working on for storage of bullets, primers powder, ammo boxes, clean brass and reloading items that are not needed at hand all the time. The screw top plastic buckets under the bench contain brass and media.

I like to take stuff someone else has thrown away and make something of it. Even this machine shop was built entirely of saved back/left over materials from my construction company.
    Attached Images
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Geeze and I've been using an lee hand loader for years but then again I probably don't shoot as much as some of you all.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

My humble contribution. I built this after being inspired by so many of the great setups I have seen on this forum and others. Its not the biggest or the best, but I built it with my own 2 hands and am proud of it.
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    Very nice Buckeye.

Ok another update

I still have not had the time to build the building so I am making room as I can. I now have 5 presses NOT set up and still in boxes.

But the Hornady is complete ammo factory now and other add-on's.
    Attached Images

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye525 View Post
    My humble contribution. I built this after being inspired by so many of the great setups I have seen on this forum and others. Its not the biggest or the best, but I built it with my own 2 hands and am proud of it.
    Yes I agree...Very Nice!!!!!.

Overview of the west half of my reloading shop. It's a 12' x 24' stand-alone building, insulated, air-conditioned, FIOS television, phone, plumbed and heated.

This is looking from my casting table towards the "red bench" which is where the MEC, Lee and Forster equipment resides.

This is a "storage wall" where I keep molds, casting equipment, lube-making supplies, shotgun reloading components, overflow brass, excess holsters and slings, etc etc.

Sizing and lubing table with my two completely refurbished Lyman 45s and my brass cabinet in the background.

This is one of the storage areas for powders, primers and reloaded ammunition that sit under the 12' workbench. Gun cleaning and smithing also happen on that workbench top.

Around 20 years ago, my wife bought me a Craftsman work bench to be used as a reloading bench. Not long after, I finished grad school and we began hop-scotching around the country on our career-trek and from Texas to North Carolina to Kansas City and beyond, that bench went everywhere we did and it was always one of the first things I would "unpack" and set up after a move to a new house and town. Over the years, I kept adding to the worktop, and now that we're finally "home" again in Texas, I put two layers of 3/4" birch on top and bolted it into the studs of the shop's back wall and set the height to form a continuous "L" where it attaches to the 12' workbench. It's solid.

This is where the red equipment sets and where I spend the most time. The blue side of the shop is "under construction" and probably will be for a while.

I can spend hours upon hours in that shop tinkering and reloading, cleaning guns and casting bullets. Pure Calgon time.

JD
    Pkupmn98, RKflorida and boydmbd like this.
    Author of Above Reproach, the new thriller that unequivocally positions the Second Amendment and concealed carry as our nation's most effective system of homeland and personal security.

Not too insult anyone, but, it is no wonder I have read in my searches of this forum about double charges, too-high primers, mis-seated bullets, or rounds with no charge. Some of these benches show confusion and disorganization beyond belief. I do not as yet reload and I have looked through this thread for ideas. I certainly will put some of this to use. I will certainly set up my reloading system for simplicity and organization.

It's only confusing to the people who don't use those particular benches that look disorganized to you. I'd bet you a Starbucks Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Decaf Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino that JDKinman and others with similarly "confusing" layouts that their owners know exactly where everything is.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    Not too insult anyone, but, it is no wonder I have read in my searches of this forum about double charges, too-high primers, mis-seated bullets, or rounds with no charge. Some of these benches show confusion and disorganization beyond belief. I do not as yet reload and I have looked through this thread for ideas. I certainly will put some of this to use. I will certainly set up my reloading system for simplicity and organization.
    Well, you DO insult people when you speak of that you which you've never done and then pontificate about "Why, it's no WONDER reloaders screw up."

Kinda like being an unmarried marriage counselor.

I've been reloading for over forty years now and have never had a double-charge. Ever. I've had high primers--as has EVERYONE who has reloaded long enough and in enough quantity (especially if you use a progressive). There are several reasons for high primers--you'll learn them when you yourself actually start pulling the handle on a press.

I'm glad the internet--rather than actual, practical knowledge and experience--has given you the ability to let all of us reloaders finally figure out how to solve all reloading problems.

Why, just be organized and all will be well!

(Hate to be snarky and overly sarcastic, but the comment I quoted reminds me way too much of my military days when the FNGs would come into the field and "explain" to us veterans what we were doing wrong because "that's not what they taught us in training school.")

JD
    Author of Above Reproach, the new thriller that unequivocally positions the Second Amendment and concealed carry as our nation's most effective system of homeland and personal security.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Sponsored Links