Defensive Carry banner

which one do I get??

which one??

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  boscobeans 
#1 ·
well today i finished finals and decided i was gonna go sell my books back! i made about $300 so i finally have enough money to buy some reloading stuff!! so which one do i get??? keep in mind i need to by powder and bullets etc.

thanks

#5 ·
He only has $300. to spend, and he will need other things other than a press.

RCBS is great equipment, but for beginers without alot of funds, it would be a poor choice!

Go with the aniversary pack!

I started with a progressive press and I was well over my head for a while.

A single stage would be the best way to start, and upgrade from there!

#7 ·
so update time!! i was gonna order one of the kits online but i found a local shop selling reloading stuff and i think i got a good deal what do yall think?? here is what i got:
Lee 50th Anniversary Breech Lock Challenger Kit-$105
case tumbler-$59
12 lbs corn cob media- $14
500 125 GR lead bullets- $39
1 lb Bullseye powder- $23
1000 federal small pistol primers-$48
RCBS 3 die carbide set 9mm-$23
speer reloading manual-$17
250 9mm spent brass-free

total with tax- ~355
i paid - $330

so what do u think??

Attachments

#9 ·
Good job! One important thing I dont see listed is a scale (Midway has a diggi for 30-40). What gun are you shooting the lead through? I have read that Bullseye powder and lead bullets smoke a little when shooting. I just started reloading myself and got the lee loadmaster set up for .40, bullet puller, and 500 plated bullets and diggi for $350. Have you gotten any primers yet? They are the hardest thing to find right now. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.