The Big Brown Truck Left This...

This is a discussion on The Big Brown Truck Left This... within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; My first reloading press a Lee Classic Turret with the Lee Deluxe Carbide 4 Die Set in .45 ACP. I decided to mount it on ...

Thread: The Big Brown Truck Left This...

The Big Brown Truck Left This...

My first reloading press a Lee Classic Turret with the Lee Deluxe Carbide 4 Die Set in .45 ACP. I decided to mount it on a counter top I installed years ago to build computers. It's rock solid stable with plenty of work space. I'm thinking about adding some shelves on the wall for all the reloading tools and consumables.

I'm looking to get a RCBS 502 scale, Case tumbler, bullet puller and calipers. Right now I'm only going to load .45 ACP... can any of the seasoned reloaders here recommend a reloading manual?

“Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

2. Remove Ads

Lyman #49 or 3rd Edition Pistol and Revolver Handbook (if you don't ever plan to load for rifles).

The Lee Classic Turret is a great press, I like mine very much.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Lee Modern Reloading 2nd edition
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    Lyman #49 or 3rd Edition Pistol and Revolver Handbook (if you don't ever plan to load for rifles).

The Lee Classic Turret is a great press, I like mine very much.
    +1

Be Safe,

NosaM
    "In a crisis, you will not rise to the occasion, but you will default to the level of your training."

Oh my, I think they delivered mine to your house, oh wait, I got .40 dies instead of .45. Did you order yours as a complete kit? Mine is being delivered from Kempf today!

Quote Originally Posted by j21blackjack View Post
    Oh my, I think they delivered mine to your house, oh wait, I got .40 dies instead of .45. Did you order yours as a complete kit? Mine is being delivered from Kempf today!
    Yep I got the Kempf Gunshop kit also! Paid Friday night and it shipped on Monday (holiday) and received Wednesday. Sue added a Kempf/Winchester coffee mug, calender and a small key chain level.

I did the upgrade on the Pro Auto Powder Measure but not the small pistol safety prime. I'll add that later if I feel the need to loading nine or forty.

THIS LINK was a huge help on the die and powder setup for a beginner like myself. Enjoy and keep us posted on your progress!
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Congratulations! Now you can start playing with the new toy....Did you remember to save all those old telephone books? Goodwill is a good source of thick books too....Cheers
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Congrats on the new set up. Kempf is the place for Lee equipment! I use the Lee Classic Turret press, and I like it it a lot. A few things that might help:
    Spend the extra $10 and order the micrometer powder drop. You don't have to switch off disks and it enables you to drop an exact load, instead of plus/minus .2 .

If you order another set of dies, order a separate turret for them. That will make your start up time quicker each time you change calibers.

Don't advance or go backwards on your turret, by grabbing the turret and turning it. That apparently places undue stress on the square plastic washer and wears it out prematurely.

Enjoy your new press...welcome to the world of reloading!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Congratulations. I like to have the manuals from the bullet manufacturer. I mostly use Hornady and Speer bullets. I like the Speer manual best. I think the bullet manufacturers manuals are fairly conservitive, yet have loads that are hot enough for hunting. I get the powder manufactures load data but mostly use it for comparison purposes.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

You will soon know the UPS driver on a first name basis... LOL

bosco

I lucked up today...

A local hardware store had all my reloading consumables! (no hazmat fees)
    1000 Large Pistol Primers
    500 230gr FMJ Bullets
    1LB Hodgdon HP-38 Powder

Getting close but still till need the Reloading Manual, Scales and Calipers.

Links