NobelSport Powder

This is a discussion on NobelSport Powder within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I just inherited about 15 pounds of Nobel Sport Powder. Most of the containers are sealed ( on the label it says AO). This powder ...

Thread: NobelSport Powder

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

NobelSport Powder

I just inherited about 15 pounds of Nobel Sport Powder. Most of the containers are sealed ( on the label it says AO).

This powder was made in France, anybody have any information on this powder. I also have a 8lb keg (opened) of SP2 which is made by the same manufacture.

Woul really like some recipes on this stuff. Thanks in advanced
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I just inherited about 15 pounds of Nobel Sport Powder. Most of the containers are sealed ( on the label it says AO).

This powder was made in France, anybody have any information on this powder. I also have a 8lb keg (opened) of SP2 which is made by the same manufacture.

Woul really like some recipes on this stuff. Thanks in advanced
    It's my understanding that these powder have been out of production for some time. None of my older manuals list loads for them and I am unaware of any current editions that do, either. I just ran a check on Google and didn't find anything.

Sorry ...
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Looks like it's time to fertilize the tomatoes.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    It's my understanding that these powder have been out of production for some time. None of my older manuals list loads for them and I am unaware of any current editions that do, either. I just ran a check on Google and didn't find anything.

Sorry ...
    The cans are actually plastic and look like Accurate cans. The manufacture I believe is VECTAN. They were stored well and are sealed. I would be highly interested in obtaining any reloading data at all on these. I found data in a PDF from another forum but its written in French. NO SPEAKO EL FRENCHO.

Heres what I found. http://www.balleurope.com/recharge/p....php?langue=en

Granted I would really like not to kill myself.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    The cans are actually plastic and look like Accurate cans. The manufacture I believe is VECTAN. They were stored well and are sealed. I would be highly interested in obtaining any reloading data at all on these. I found data in a PDF from another forum but its written in French. NO SPEAKO EL FRENCHO.

Heres what I found. char21.html

Granted I would really like not to kill myself.
    Considering that the data sheet in the link is effectively bi-lingual, It looks like you have your maximum loads. All of them look like max pressure loads.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    They are Italian not French. Here is a link to get a load manual in English of all things!
    NobelSport Reloading Information

Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    They are Italian not French. Here is a link to get a load manual in English of all things!
    NobelSport Reloading Information
    Thanks for the link. I dind't see any data on Nobelsport powder in that link you sent me.,

On the sides of the plastic containers it says made in France.

Here is a link I found to some reloading data for vectan powders. Hope this helps.

http://www.peterlawman.co.uk/downloa...stol_loads.pdf

Peter Lawman

It looks like the SP2 is a pretty universal powder, but the AO is only shown for 38 spec, or 40 cal. in pistols.

Good luck.

BTW, I would start out with prety light loads, but we can assume your going to do that anyway, right?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Here is a link I found to some reloading data for vectan powders. Hope this helps.

http://www.peterlawman.co.uk/downloa...stol_loads.pdf

Peter Lawman

It looks like the SP2 is a pretty universal powder, but the AO is only shown for 38 spec, or 40 cal. in pistols.

Good luck.

BTW, I would start out with prety light loads, but we can assume your going to do that anyway, right?
    YES

Honestly, I think if you work it up, you can probably develop some loads for the AO stuff by being careful and working your way up to find a target load for just about any caliber you might have.

A Chronograph, and checking for pressure signs would be in order, but it looks like you might have saved yourself some cash. Hope you have primers.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Honestly, I think if you work it up, you can probably develop some loads for the AO stuff by being careful and working your way up to find a target load for just about any caliber you might have.

A Chronograph, and checking for pressure signs would be in order, but it looks like you might have saved yourself some cash. Hope you have primers.
    Yeah I have primerss I"m good in that department. A local dealer just got a large shipment of primers in so I picked up about 5000.

Links