Are we going to submit to global gun laws?

This is a discussion on Are we going to submit to global gun laws? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It is coming people... They want to take away our gun rights. "Secretary of State Hillary Clinton just announced the Obama Administration would be working ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we going to submit to global gun laws?

It is coming people... They want to take away our gun rights.

"Secretary of State Hillary Clinton just announced the Obama Administration would be working hand in glove with the UN to pass a new Small Arms Treaty.”

U.S. reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade | Reuters

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Stand fast!! ALWAYS!!

However this probably will never pass at least for now...
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Exclamation Just two words.....

"The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

We currently have states that have grown the cojones to tell the fed were to stick it in regards to gun laws, intrastate commerce and the 10 A. This would stir up a hornets nest for sure. People already feel the fed has overstepped its boundries with health care and firearms laws. Does the fed. think these same states/people will tolerate adding the UN into the equation...I think not
    Led By Love Of Country

In a word...NO!

VIP Member
    Submit to global gun law? LOL. I'll have to respectfully decline...

Not in my country. Never.

Senior Moderator
    It takes 2/3's of the Senate to ratifiy a treaty.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

It's coming.

If not this presidential term then within the next five terms for sure. Just look at Hillary and Health Care Reform. They are still ramming that down our throats, and will pass something.

I'm disgusted with our elected represenatives. They no longer represent us! It's time to start over.

Biker

Much ado about nothing.

It has already been settled by the Supreme Court that a treaty does not override the U.S. Constitution.

Well, when we get together and elect President Ted Nugent, we will get all of this stuff corrected!

Did you look at the date on the story? It's from October of last year. It wasn't "just announced". This non-story has been posted probably dozens of times and it's been debunked that many.

The story is nothing. Consider:

1) We would have to sign on to the treaty, which would require 67 votes in the Senate. You couldn't get 67 votes to agree that the sky is blue, there is no way that a treaty with draconian gun control could get that many votes. They wouldn't even be able to get 51 because of the pro-gun Democrats.

2) Even if you could miraculously get 67 votes, the treaty itself gives discretion to each country regarding their internal gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    If not this presidential term then within the next five terms for sure. Just look at Hillary and Health Care Reform. They are still ramming that down our throats, and will pass something
    God I would love to see this talking point destroyed. Whether you love or hate the health reform legislation (and I don't like it), it's not being "rammed down our throats" any more than any other legislation. The people who will vote on it were elected by popular vote. If their constituents are that opposed to it, they will hear about it and it will affect their decision (not to mention lobbyists and corporate interests).

Legislation you don't like but that might pass is not the same as "legislation rammed down your throat".

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    I like that...

Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    Did you look at the date on the story? It's from October of last year. It wasn't "just announced". This non-story has been posted probably dozens of times and it's been debunked that many.

The story is nothing. Consider:

1) We would have to sign on to the treaty, which would require 67 votes in the Senate. You couldn't get 67 votes to agree that the sky is blue, there is no way that a treaty with draconian gun control could get that many votes. They wouldn't even be able to get 51 because of the pro-gun Democrats.

2) Even if you could miraculously get 67 votes, the treaty itself gives discretion to each country regarding their internal gun laws.

God I would love to see this talking point destroyed. Whether you love or hate the health reform legislation (and I don't like it), it's not being "rammed down our throats" any more than any other legislation. The people who will vote on it were elected by popular vote. If their constituents are that opposed to it, they will hear about it and it will affect their decision (not to mention lobbyists and corporate interests).

Legislation you don't like but that might pass is not the same as "legislation rammed down your throat".
    That's just it... they ARE hearing about it from their constituents but are pushing it through anyway, using underhanded tricks and tactics. They think we are all stupid and they know better than we do what is good for us. It is being "rammed down our throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    Much ado about nothing.

It has already been settled by the Supreme Court that a treaty does not override the U.S. Constitution.
    These dirt bags in Washington have already thrown out the constitution. I wouldn't put anything past them.

We have to stay aware! Our rights are being attacked from many directions not just here at home. It's going to be a fight every step of the way or 1/4 of an inch at a time, that is how the progressives work. They won't stop and neither do we..to defend our rights.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links