"Don't Tread on Me" Mail Campaign

This is a discussion on "Don't Tread on Me" Mail Campaign within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by zacii Yes, I know. My question is because our Senators and Reps have local offices as well as in D.C. I'm supposing ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Don't Tread on Me" Mail Campaign

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Yes, I know. My question is because our Senators and Reps have local offices as well as in D.C. I'm supposing to send the flags to D.C. to coincide with the march on April 19...
    I sent them to the D.C address, which is what is instructed I believe.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Yes, I know. My question is because our Senators and Reps have local offices as well as in D.C. I'm supposing to send the flags to D.C. to coincide with the march on April 19...
    Find out where they will be on the 20th and send it there. I can almost bet that the pres doesn't have a local office in your area so his address was given as D.C. If your Senator and Rep will not be in D.C. at that time, it seems like sending it there would not accomplish much.

A 30 second call to there local office will tell you which office they will be at on that date.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I have mine almost ready.... My Question is what day do we actually mail them in on? it says to post mark them on the 4/19/10 but when do we actually send them?
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Exclamation Put Them In The Mail On 4/19/10, Not Before, Not After!

OK, YOU MAIL THEM ON 4/19/10 So they will be post marked on 4/19/10.

The reason is he wants them to all be postmarked on that particular day is symbolic. It is the anniversary date of "The Shot Heard Around The World!"

If you mail them on any other day, they will be postmarked on the day you mail them, not 4/19/10.

They are not expected to be at their destination on 4/19/10...

They will arrive at their destination sometime throughout that week. (probably between 4/20 - 4/24 depending on where you are mailing them from)

But they will get the message! If they are SMART enough to figure out the postmark symbolism.

I'm not holding my breath that congress is that smart, but I'll follow the instructions and post them on 4/19 anyway.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Can't wait to see the news media response.
    "President receives threatening packages in mail".

Michael

Great idea, absolutely.

BE SURE TO GET GOLDENROD PAPER, to print it on. It'll make all the difference. Plain, white printer paper simply won't have the visual impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    I have mine almost ready.... My Question is what day do we actually mail them in on? it says to post mark them on the 4/19/10 but when do we actually send them?
    The date of "post mark" is the mailing date.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Although I do like the concept, and it will be a good boost for the struggling USPS budget. I have a moral problem with participating in anything that Piazzo has a hand in. He has become the alter ego to Paul Helmke and the rest of his ilk. I find him to be an embarrassment to our cause.
    I don't know the history on Piazzo. What is it exactly that he has done to get this response?
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    They are supposed to be postmarked the 19th, however, I believe it will depend on where you mail them from and what time of day you mail them. If you live rural, like I do, mailing them from your mail box on the 19th may not get them postmarked that day. I plan to drop mine at the local post office the late afternoon of the 18th.

VIP Member

Ambiguity about date and meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    OK, YOU MAIL THEM ON 4/19/10 So they will be post marked on 4/19/10.
    The reason is he wants them to all be postmarked on that particular day is symbolic. It is the anniversary date of "The Shot Heard Around The World!"
    I don't know anything whatsoever about the originator of this idea and can't read his mind with regard to intent.

I do want to point out that April 19 has multiple symbolic meanings and one of them is to mark the Branch Davidian Siege.

From Wiki--"A subsequent 51-day siege by the Federal Bureau of Investigation ended on April 19 when fire destroyed the compound"

I would ask everyone who considers engaging in this campaign to make clear that they are not commemorating that particular event.

Because, as horrid as things went, and as much as some here view that incident as evidence of "government conspiracy against gun owners," the bottom line is it was a law enforcement activity that went awry due to a combination of factors, but with the bulk of the blame squarely belonging on the folks who were inside.

There was nothing praise worthy about engaging in open warfare with LEOs and Federal Agents who went there with a valid purpose.

We law abiding and responsible gun owners don't need to be associated (EVEN SYMBOLICALLY) with those who appear to have trafficked in illegal weapons, and who were either convicted of assault on Federal Officers if they survived, or killed during an act of rebellion.

Added later-- Thinking a bit more about this, the use of this date is intended to send a message of possible armed rebellion. We have had numerous threads here where people openly approve of such. How misguided. I urge you all to use some good common sense and avoid making yourself and the rest of us all look like nut jobs.
    Last edited by Hopyard; March 29th, 2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Added stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    I don't know the history on Piazzo. What is it exactly that he has done to get this response?
    See previous post for an example.

Thank you Hopyard for the details surrounding the date.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Sounds like a good idea. Im in!
    [__☺]
    -OllllO-
    []o=[]
    Beretta PX4 Storm .45 / Springfield Armory XDM 9 / Springfield Armory 1911 Milspec / Smith Wesson 686 / Bushmaster XM-15 E2
    DPMS A-15 Oracle / Remington 870 Express Magnum / Remington 597 .22

A reminder... Monday's the day. April 19th, to commemorate the 'shot heard around the world'

...most descriptive flag in American history, the symbol Benjamin Franklin felt was the most appropriate for the revolution when he wrote, "She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage. ... she never wounds 'till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of treading on her."
    I'm trying to think of a creative letter to accompany the flag. I don't want to come off threating, though. I want to be respectful, but to the point. Anybody else going to write a letter with it, or just send the flag solo?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Save the FIFTH FLAG for the reward I will give you after April 19th. That fifth flag will be worth thousands of dollars to you to show my thanks for your participation in sending a clear message to our government that the Silent Majority in this country will not tolerate the direction America is heading.
    I mailed the 4 flags yesterday and am supposed to do what with the 5th?

Anybody have any info?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    I mailed the 4 flags yesterday and am supposed to do what with the 5th?

Anybody have any info?
    See the link in the original top post.

You're supposed to save it. If you signed up for his flag campaign on his website, he'll have your name and he'll pick a winner out for a prize.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

How will he be able to know if you truly did this and just not print out one flag and claim it to be your last one. He has no way of proving you did not send the other 4 as requested.

Lets see if anyone reads about this in mainstream media over the next few days.

Here is the award...

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sig...-on-me-reward/

It will only cost you 419 dollars to get your reward though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links