Anyone know what happened with the FL bill for CCW at work?

This is a discussion on Anyone know what happened with the FL bill for CCW at work? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I saw from a link to the Brady Bunch's webpage a couple days ago that there was a bill that would not allow employers (other ...

I saw from a link to the Brady Bunch's webpage a couple days ago that there was a bill that would not allow employers (other than health, education, & GOV) to prohibit CCW at work. Of course, I can't believe everything I read on the BB's site since they like to bend the truth to suit their needs.

So what really happened to this?
    "I've got a mind like a steel trap... things wander in, and get mangled."
    -Fabbrica d'Armi P. Beretta, dal 1526

Assistant Administrator
    Now you remind me - not sure I remember!

I expect a check on the NRA-ILA site could have the answer, tho not checked as yet.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Bill is pretty much dead for this legislative season. Got lots of bad publicity as expected and corporations pushed to have it watered down into silliness...........however we got some good laws in which flew and landed under the radar:
    -----------------------------------------------
    FLORIDA -- END OF 2006 SESSION REPORT ON NRA/USF SUPPORTED BILLS

PASSED -- HB-125 Hunter/Voter -- by Rep. Greg Evers (R-Milton) and Sen. Carey Baker (R-Eustis) Provides that people who purchase a hunting or fishing license by phone, over the Internet or in person will have the opportunity to get a voter registration application. PASSED the HOUSE 110-6 and the SENATE 31-8. It awaits Governor Jeb Bush's signature

PASSED -- HB-265 No-Net-Loss of Hunting Lands -- by Rep. Don Brown (R-DeFuniak Springs) and Sen. Nancy Argenziano (R-Crystal River) Requires Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) to support, promote, & enhance hunting opportunities & to provide comparable acreage for any loss of existing hunting lands; requires agencies & water management districts to cooperate with FWC in designating replacement hunting lands. PASSED the HOUSE 118-0 and the SENATE 40-0. It awaits Governor Jeb Bush's signature

PASSED -- HB-285 To Prohibit Confiscation of Firearms -- by Rep. Mitch Needelman (R-Palm Bay) and Sen. Carey Baker (R-Eustis) Prohibits confiscation, seizure, or taking of firearms that are lawfully possessed by law-abiding citizens during a state of emergency (as was done in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina). PASSED the HOUSE 116-0 and the SENATE 40-0. It awaits Governor Jeb Bush's signature

PASSED -- HB-687 To Protect Personal Information of Concealed Weapons Licenseholders -- by Rep. Sandy Adams (R-Oviedo) and Sen. Mike Haridopolis (R-Melbourne) Provides confidentiality and exemption from public records requirements of personal identifying information, names, addresses, birth dates, social security numbers, phone numbers, & license numbers contained in records maintained by the Division of Licensing of DOACS of individuals who have applied for or received licenses to carry concealed weapons or firearms PASSED the HOUSE 83-27 and t he SENATE 37-2. It awaits Governor Jeb Bush's signature

PASSED -- HB-1029 Firearms in National Forests & State Parks
    -- by Rep. Dennis Baxley (R-Ocala) and Sen. Bill Posey (R-Rockledge) Restores the right to possess firearms for self-defense and other lawful purposes in National Forests and State Parks by repealing the laws and regulations that have banned firearms in those areas. PASSED the HOUSE 90-27 and the SENATE 31-6. It awaits Governor Jeb Bush's signature

PASSED -- SB-1290 Concealed Weapons/License Renewal/Military -- by Sen. Mike Fasano (R-New Port Richey) and Rep. Marti Coley (R-Marianna) Provides that a concealed weapons/firearms license of a United States Armed Services member does not expire while the service member is on active duty away from home. Extends the life of the license for 180 days after returning home. PASSED the HOUSE 120-0 and the SENATE 39-0. It awaits Governor Jeb Bush's signature

DID NOT PASS -- SB-206/HB-129 Firearms/Parking Lots/Motor Vehicles -- by Sen. Durell Peaden (R-Crestview) and Rep. Dennis Baxley (R-Ocala) To prohibit businesses from searching private vehicles and banning firearms in private vehicles in public parking lots. DID NOT PASS. WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Links