Is your state on this list?

This is a discussion on Is your state on this list? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ammunition coding will drive costs to unafordable levels. This is nothing more than anti-gun activism in disguise. Legislation...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your state on this list?

Ammunition coding will drive costs to unafordable levels. This is nothing more than anti-gun activism in disguise.

Legislation

yes it is....
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

I did not read all the bills, but a few talk of not only endoding ammo for certain firearms, but those individuals without the encoded ammo must get rid of any in storage by a date in 2011...

The NRA will be jumping all over this garbage.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Indiana also, but introduced in 2008 and won't go anywhere!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Thank god my state is not listed. What is wrong with these gun antis. I am getting real sick of the crap.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

The minority is trying to push their Views over on the majority. What a waste of tax payer money for something that the majority of people do not want. No wonder we are running out of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    The minority is trying to push their Views over on the majority. What a waste of tax payer money for something that the majority of people do not want. No wonder we are running out of money.
    hmmm.. sounds familiar. but really, what doesn't/hasn't the government waste/wasted our money on?? thankfully FL aint on that list and i hope it never will be.

Mine is not thank you but......

I would not worry too much about any of it.

My man just got an email!!
    Ain't no fun when the rabbit has a gun!

I'm actually surprised to find mine but I'm not worried about it now. Got other things to worry about.

VIP Member
    Mines not on the list, but even if it were I'd not worry about it, since that legislation was from 2008.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Mine isn't...

We tend to laugh at stuff like this.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Alabama's bill is dead. Had about a snowball's chance in Mobile of passing.

I did read the bill, and it was one of the least well thought out pieces of legislation I've seen. Which is saying something.
    There was no provision regarding private sale/trade of ammunition, no provision regarding casting bullets by an individual non-commercial vendor, and even the "vendors" would only have to keep records for seven years.

Forget about the tax ("0.005 cent per bullet) which would never cover the cost of administration.

On the other hand, this year there is a bill to mandate that the sales tax on firearms and ammunition cannot exceed that levied on food (as in groceries, not restaurants.) There is also a bill (annually shot down) to remove/reduce the tax on food, which if they both passed would mean no sales taxes on firearms or ammunition.

I'm not holding my breath.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I keep hearing folks say we should not worry about such ridiculous stuff, it's from a different year or we laugh at this type of stuff.

I hear you my friends. Just remember 200 years ago, our founding fathers never thought our Government would be doing to us what they are today either.

As the anti's continue to put their elected officials into office at alarming rates they will continue to introduce these ridiculous bills and one day, those ridiculous bills will be real bills and the joke will be on us for standing by and laughing at them.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I keep hearing folks say we should not worry about such ridiculous stuff, it's from a different year or we laugh at this type of stuff.

I hear you my friends. Just remember 200 years ago, our founding fathers never thought our Government would be doing to us what they are today either.

As the anti's continue to put their elected officials into office at alarming rates they will continue to introduce these ridiculous bills and one day, those ridiculous bills will be real bills and the joke will be on us for standing by and laughing at them.
    By that time I would hope we have a Civil war to water the tree and produce fruit once again!
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links