3rd circuit says FOPA doesn't cover hotels

This is a discussion on 3rd circuit says FOPA doesn't cover hotels within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.ca3.uscourts.gov/opinarch/092029p.pdf...

Thread: 3rd circuit says FOPA doesn't cover hotels

"The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

VIP Member

Unfortunate ruling

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Really what this means is that the particular law needs to be modified to give the traveler some more protection.

The court's suggested solution to the dilemma of the plaintiff is not particularly realistic. Going to a NYPA officer with a request that they take possession of the gun as suggested by the court would have resulted in the same charge and the same mess.

Bottom line, FOPA doesn't have teeth. Don't go where you don't have clearly recognized acceptance of your license. And stay out of NJ.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    yup I would never accept a flight that flys through any Nanny State.

Secondly where in the heck does NJ get off on banning hollow point ammunition?

Do they even understand or can they even begin to contemplate how in-humane ball ammo is. It is like getting speared with a razor and then slowly bleeding to death fully aware of the situation and suffering while dying.

At least a hollow point will knock your lights in most cases where a person can die a humane and less painful death.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post

Do they even understand or can they even begin to contemplate how in-humane ball ammo is. It is like getting speared with a razor and then slowly bleeding to death fully aware of the situation and suffering while dying.

At least a hollow point will knock your lights in most cases where a person can die a humane and less painful death.
    you just can't carry it and since no one really can carry...

They just want to make certain that you get in trouble if you do defend your self as ball ammunition is more likely to go through your target and hit something else.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    NJ is the state that doesn't allow you to pump your own gas. You think they really trust anyone with firearms?

Really?
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    NJ is the state that doesn't allow you to pump your own gas. You think they really trust anyone with firearms?

Really?
    I dont want anyone pumping my gas except me and my wife. Did you ever see what a gas pump nozzle can do to your paint if someone isnt paying attention when inserting it??? SIGH ... another reason why NJ needs to be ejected into the ocean and good people need to be jettisoned to a FREE STATE!
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I dont want anyone pumping my gas except me and my wife. Did you ever see what a gas pump nozzle can do to your paint if someone isnt paying attention when inserting it??? SIGH ... another reason why NJ needs to be ejected into the ocean and good people need to be jettisoned to a FREE STATE!
    Thanks tango, you just gave me my daily laugh. >>> "ejected into the ocean"...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post

Really?
    Oregon as well, except they can have weapons... I absolutely hate filling up in Oregon, drives me crazy.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

Sponsored Links