His-Dishonor-from NYC at it again

This is a discussion on His-Dishonor-from NYC at it again within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mayor Bloomberg slams White House on gun control: report - NYPOST.com Mayor Blomberg slams White House on gun control: report POST WIRE SERVICES Last Updated: ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: His-Dishonor-from NYC at it again

VIP Member

Thumbs down His-Dishonor-from NYC at it again

Mayor Bloomberg slams White House on gun control: report - NYPOST.com

Mayor Blomberg slams White House on gun control: report
    POST WIRE SERVICES

Last Updated: 4:23 PM, March 30, 2010

Posted: 3:38 PM, March 30, 2010

President Obama is under the gun when it comes to Mayor Bloomberg and his crusade against illegal weapons.

Bloomberg, generally considered a White House ally, put Obama on notice after he fired off a letter to the White House this month where he reportedly accused the president of dragging his feet when it comes to gun control, according to a report today.

In the March 3 letter sent from Bloomberg's coalition, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the mayor points to a separate report the group sent the Obama administration last August, which laid out 40 recommendations to "improve enforcement of existing gun laws," according to The Huffington Post.

The letter was co-signed by Boston Mayor Tom Menino.

"We appreciate the ... consideration of the report, but this is an urgent matter: further delay will almost certainly result in the needless loss of innocent lives, including many children. Mr. President, the time has come for action," the mayors wrote, according to the letter obtained by The Huffington Post.

The White House did not immediately have a comment in regards to the letter.

Bloomberg has been an ardent fighter for gun control, blaming illegal handguns smuggled into New York State for shootings that take place in the city. He has also taken on the National Rifle Association in the past.

"Over the past six months, approximately 6,000 Americans have been gunned down in intentional acts of violence. The 40 recommendations in our Blueprint, many of which could be enacted immediately, offer the best hope we have for making our country safer over the next six months -- and the years ahead."

The Huffington Post report comes after the city conducted a sting operation last year where it caught unlicensed gun dealers selling weapons to undercover investigators who admitted they couldn't pass background checks.

The stings were conducted at seven gun shows in Tennessee, Ohio and Nevada. Those states are among the many that permit private unlicensed dealers, known as "occasional sellers," to sell weapons at gun shows without conducting background checks.

Nine states, including New York, have passed laws to close the loophole, requiring background checks on at least all handgun purchases at gun shows.

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg slams White House on gun control: report - NYPOST.com
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Why doesn't the 'Blooming Idiot' outlaw bodyguards?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

FYI -- Here is a copy of the referenced report ... A Blueprint for Federal Action on Illegal Guns, created by Mayors Against Illegal Guns.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Because like most politicians, guns are fine in the hands of those who are protecting them and there families.

While the rest of us are SOL.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Because like most politicians, guns are fine in the hands of those who are protecting them and there families.

While the rest of us are SOL.
    And their cronies, friends, club members, etc.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Recommendation No. 41 ATF should require billionaire spoiled brat mental midget mayors to grow a set and shut their whiney pie holes.

Note to Bloomie - Gun shows are what makes the violent crime rate so high in NYC? Maybe it's your insanely restrictive CCW laws! Idiot!

Quotes from the brain trust:

“One good place to start would be to enforce the laws
    that are on the books right now.”
    – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, February 26, 2009

“We want to enforce the laws that we have on the books.”
    – Attorney General Eric Holder, Congressional testimony, May 14, 2009

Hmmmm. What a novel idea. How about the 2nd Ammendment? Haven't figured out how to line your pockets on that one yet? November 2nd is coming. Greedy jerks.
    I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" "Is that a Smith & Wesson 686+ 7 shot or 627 8 shot?" "Does he have a concealed Sig P226 SCT and two spare mags?" You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Quote Originally Posted by reinhold View Post
    Note to Bloomie - Gun shows are what makes the violent crime rate so high in NYC? Maybe it's your insanely restrictive CCW laws! Idiot!
    New York City's crime rate actually isn't that high. Not that that has anything to do with Bloomberg's idiocy.

Quotes from the brain trust:

“One good place to start would be to enforce the laws
    that are on the books right now.”
    – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, February 26, 2009

“We want to enforce the laws that we have on the books.”
    – Attorney General Eric Holder, Congressional testimony, May 14, 2009

Hmmmm. What a novel idea. How about the 2nd Ammendment? Haven't figured out how to line your pockets on that one yet? November 2nd is coming. Greedy jerks.
    You are missing the real meaning of those quotes, not to mention the thunderous silence from the White House regarding Bloomberg's tantrum. The White House and Democratic leadership are telling Bloomie and anyone who is listening this: "Gun control, whether we want it or not, is poison for our party. Crime is down, the nation as a whole is not calling for it, and we don't feel like giving the Republicans a running start as they try to push us off the cliff."

This story is hilarious. Bloomberg is obsessed. He can't grasp that the issue is largely dead on the national stage. He's lost. We won. As with any war, there will be brush fires that will pop up here and there, but the tide has turned so far from his side that only his self importance and insular existence in NYC keep him from realizing it.

If they would allow the NYC citizenry to arm themselves, their problem would decrease on it's own.

The stings were conducted at seven gun shows in Tennessee, Ohio and Nevada. Those states are among the many that permit private unlicensed dealers, known as "occasional sellers," to sell weapons at gun shows without conducting background checks.

That's total garbage.... they are trying to prevent "people" from being able to do private sales .... period !!! I have had an on-going discussion with my Senator that can't get that there are NO "unlicensed" dealers at gun shows around here.... they are referring to "individuals" who are doing a private sale.
    Their proposal of course, gets right into registration of all firearms and absolutey no private fact-to-face sales of firearms.

The ATF raids and stings , were more to make a 'point' for the Brady Bunch and Bloomberg... in other words, due to political pressure. They've been to them around here and had no luck finding anyone doing anything illegal... gee, what a surprise that 99.999 % of gun owners are law abiding.

Of course, you won't see that hit the newspapers. The ATF performed some stings, and found "nothing illegal going on ".

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    So give us our select fire weapons back since its a violation of our 2a and we are law abiding anyways.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

"The stings were conducted at seven gun shows in Tennessee, Ohio and Nevada. Those states are among the many that permit private unlicensed dealers, known as "occasional sellers," to sell weapons at gun shows without conducting background checks."

Didn't he also run a "sting" in other states like WV or VA? Didn't several states say if he does it again, he will be arrested?

I know the liberals would never go for it, but maybe if the bad guys served more time than a nap and a snack ........
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I dont get it. He wants illegal guns outlawed? Aren't they already illegal? This isnt even addressing the rights issue. Guess I am just to simple to understand.

I am getting concerned now that Obama has "time to focus" on other things!

First we have Bloomberg "Demanding more gun-control action" from Obama and also today, the headlines were "Mexican Officials Demand US Gun Control"!

All this "demanding" happening on the same day sounds suspiciously like a coordinated effort. It will be interesting watching who else comes out of the woodwork tomorrow demanding action against US citizens exercising their 2nd Amendment rights!

Stay vigilant!
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

In the words of The Great One, Mark Levin, I say this to Mayor ShroomBerg:

"GET OFF THE PHONE YOU BIG DOPE!"

Shouldn't His Dishonor be assembling the Salt Police and arresting people for Salt Over Use.

When are New Yorkers going to wake up and smell the damn coffee?

The greatest day in my life will be when I move from this Left Wing Lunatic State.

Just my 2 Cents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links