Form Letter, but positive, from Kentucky, Gov. Beshear

This is a discussion on Form Letter, but positive, from Kentucky, Gov. Beshear within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Dear Craig: As a lifelong hunter, I understand the important place that guns hold in the lives of many Kentuckians. There are thousands of sportsmen ...

Thread: Form Letter, but positive, from Kentucky, Gov. Beshear

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Dear Craig:

As a lifelong hunter, I understand the important place that guns hold in the lives of many Kentuckians. There are thousands of sportsmen in the Commonwealth who enjoy the camaraderie and sense of adventure that are a part of hunting outings, whether for deer, quail or rabbit. Hunting is a source of revenue and tourism for Kentucky, which boasts some of the finest forests and fields for hunting in the United States. Our state is home to one of the only sustainable elk hunts, which brings not just national-but international-attention to Eastern Kentucky where the elk graze. This kind of attraction ensures that hunters not only come to hunt, but also have the chance to see the immense natural beauty and other recreational opportunities Kentucky has to offer.

The regulation, ownership and use of firearms is one of the most intricate and complicated issues, one that has been under scrutiny and debate over the past twenty years. However, we continue to see public safety improve all across the Commonwealth. In 2009, no law enforcement official or officer of the peace was killed in the line of duty in Kentucky. This marks the first time since 1906 that no officer has fallen. We are making great strides in the Commonwealth to ensure that public safety and the safety of our officers remains a top priority.

The right to bear arms is a right afforded by our United States Constitution-and one that holds great importance in lives of many Kentuckians.

Your views are important to me, and I am grateful for your willingness to be involved in Kentucky's future. Please feel free to contact me whenever an issue is important to you.

Sincerely,

Steven L. Beshear
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Hey I like his tone! Sure it's a form letter (he's the governor...maybe a tad busy) but at least he is on the right side of the fence.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Sponsored Links