Time to think outside the box... Nat. ID Card... - Page 2

Time to think outside the box... Nat. ID Card...

This is a discussion on Time to think outside the box... Nat. ID Card... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; is anyone going to try to tell this old man that we dont already have one. do you think the alphabet agencies would hesitate for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to think outside the box... Nat. ID Card...

is anyone going to try to tell this old man that we dont already have one. do you think the alphabet agencies would hesitate for one minute to dig up u r social security number if they want u.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    16,000 additional IRS agents to audit your insurance compliance. "Papers please" is on the verge of changing from a sarcastic joke to a reality.
    Will the arm band be a swastika or a smiley face? America's version of the SS?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

VIP Member

re: jughead

Quote Originally Posted by jughead2 View Post
    is anyone going to try to tell this old man that we dont already have one. do you think the alphabet agencies would hesitate for one minute to dig up u r social security number if they want u.
    Jug, our social security and medicare numbers are pretty close to a national ID, but lack the photo, biometric data, fraud/copy/duplicate resistant features of ID cards. There is really no way that producing a social security card by itself means you are the person named on the card.

A more interesting question to my mind might be, do you think the alphabet agencies would hesitate for one minute to dig up u r DL number and its associated information, photo, fingerprints, street address? I think that unlike the CHL info which is protected in some states, the DL stuff is readily accessible.

Being old enough to easily remember when getting on an airplane required no ID of any sort, just a paper ticket, and having watched the DL get misused as an "internal passport," I'm very leary of any further moves in this direction. Similarly, having grown up at a time when you needed no ID to apply for a job, or at most had to provide a social security number, the present I-9 Chinese menu approach to collecting documentation of identity seems offensive.

Having grown up at at time when a bank handed you a physical "passbook" with entries and the tellers knew you at sight, I get irritated when I need DL and something else to cash a check at a bank where I have regularly done business for 20 years.

But mostly I oppose any further moves toward national ID on the grounds that good people will fall through the cracks. Lost papers, missing papers, computer screw ups, it won't take much for you to become unable to travel, unable to get a job, unable to get medical attention, unable to see a dentist, unable to get your dog treated, unable to get your own money out of your own bank account. I don't fear government intrusion. I fear becoming an accidental non-person.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Let's skip the card and go right for the chip implant.
    Thanks....my screen was getting a little dusty and the coffee really helped get most of it off........
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Truth is the whole National ID thing is a strawman.

Your home is already in a national database using GPS. A satellite signal can be uploaded to any of the Federal as well as International agencies at any time without any notice to you. Some states are already requiring their residents to change to an "enhanced" state drivers license with easily aquired personal information becoming instantly available to selected authorities including INTERPOL. Our president has already signed Executive orders giving them juiristiction in our country.[ and has removed the Reagan limitations]{That is, Interpol's property and assets are no longer subject to search and confiscation, and its archives are now considered inviolable. This international police force (whose U.S. headquarters is in the Justice Department in Washington) will be unrestrained by the U.S. Constitution and American law while it operates in the United States and affects both Americans and American interests outside the United States....

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MGY3MTI4YTRjZmYwMGU1ZjZhOGJmNmQ0NmJiZDNmMDY=}

In the event of a major disaster, hurricane, tornado etc... when whole communities are destroyed(Think Andrew).. F.E.M.A. agents can walk into a two mile square of nothing but debris, not homes standing, not street signs etc.... and upload the GPS signals to locate whose home WAS right here yesteday(last week whatever). They will then proceed to re-map the entire area, cross reference information with other agencies, IRS,Census,etc. and in a short while they will know who lived there, how many people in the home, their names, ages, and special needs if any. We already have "national markers" on everyone except illegals and terrorists. The original poster stated something else of interest about how this would be integrated into a gun issue or not, well that too is a mute point. Your children and grandchildren have been the source of a plethera of useful information gathering by our government through the school nurse, and guidance counselors. For many years now the children have been asked about mommy and daddy. Everything from "does daddy yell at mommy?" to "does grandpa/daddy have lots of guns in the house ". under the healthcare law, your doctor will be obliged to open 'your records' to anyone with a government request. All your records, and he/she will be encouraged to report any type of behavior by YOU that might pose a risk to your health. Shooting projectiles out of a steel tube will qualify as a dangerous and risky behavior. After all, how many here have said to their children at some point "As long as you are on MY insurance you are NOT going to do this or that!".....
    Last edited by gs78; April 3rd, 2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: can't stop thinking of more stuff.......its a sickness, I know.
    those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'

In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act .

Integrity is always doing the right thing, even when nobody is around to notice

CVI
    Surely our masters would not cross reference our firearms purchases with our political interests and our IRS forms? Surely if someone was chosen to be an "Enemy of the State" the government would not compile all this info, turn that person into a villan in the public eye, then eliminate the threat to the state?

Na, silly talk... governments don't do that kind of thing... they are here to help us... (Please read paaiyan's sig... ;-) )

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    The real reason you will never see a National CCW permit, National Fishing License, or Federal Drivers Permit is because the state one is a major source of revenue for the states coffers. Reciprocity maybe, but National, never. There is no doubt that the Feds could use present technology to find anyone who ever had a background check, DL License, SSN, or filed Income Taxes. The National ID or chip implant would just make it easier.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I DO NOT and I REPEAT DO NOT !!! want a national anything. Powers lie within each state individually as our constitution designed.

Im very happy with alliances between states to observe each other's permits etc... but NO MORE FEDERAL NATIONAL ANYTHING!
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links