Time to think outside the box... Nat. ID Card...

This is a discussion on Time to think outside the box... Nat. ID Card... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There are no direct links at this time I can find linking GUN RIGHTS and proposed National ID Card legislation however let us think outside ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to think outside the box... Nat. ID Card...

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Time to think outside the box... Nat. ID Card...

There are no direct links at this time I can find linking GUN RIGHTS and proposed National ID Card legislation however let us think outside of the box.

I am informing the forum of my concern against this atrocious threat to individualism as we know it.

Read the below then....

EPIC - National ID and the REAL ID Act

Do not get political and semantic rather lets think with an open mind how this could effect our RKBA.

Taking in consideration that generally registration of firearms are not legal in most all but a few states this could very well pave the way for legislation requiring the usage of this BIOMETERIC ID CARD in order to purchase a firearm ... and we know where that leads.

Can someone say Database? ? ?

Lets share the potential if you have anything worth sharing about this subject and lets begin the fight before it becomes an issue.

Again thinking outside the box. Just because Politico, FOX, CNN, Drudge, etc... have no articles linking guns and this does not mean it wont happen or cant happen.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    No need to inform me of this crap. I am against it and always will be.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Don't need no stinkin' National ID Card...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Agreed don't need it.

Let's skip the card and go right for the chip implant.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Malaysia has a national ID card and it lists your religion, it's a crime to lose as well. Believe me you do not want a national ID card. Most people have a drivers licence and you can always get a passport if you want, what else do they need?

When Totalitarianism takes over America it will wear a smile and a Safety vest.

Federal healthcare......Federal ID card........when do the book burns start?
    Christian/Father/Husband/American/NRA Benefactor Life Member/GOA Life Member/USAF NCO/Operations; Provide Comfort/Northern Watch/Southern Watch/Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/TBD....

VIP Member
    Seldom agree with Tangoseal but this time I do, about 90% of the way.

I detest the idea of any form of national ID card, real ID or similar, whatever it might be named. Whatever good these sorts of documents might do for law enforcement seems to me to be outweighed by the potential for bad things to be done. As it is, it is entirely too easy for a natural born US citizen to lose their "identity" and find it nearly impossible to get replacement documents. You can end up in an Endless loop." You need Birth Certificate to get DL, DL to get Birth Certificate, birth certificate to get passport, passport to get DL to get Birth Certificate. Lose your documents and you are mostly up the creek without a paddle. Even with 4 forms of government issued ID -- DL, ID, CHL, Passport, I can envision a situation where all plus the passport could disappear--catastrophic. This has to change.

HOWEVER, I would actually like to see some sort of system in which a CHL has broad national recognition, and in which people don't have to change DL, CHL, and auto registration every time they move from one address to another, from one state to another for less than a full year.

paperz please?

Ihre papiere bitte
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    ihre papiere bitte
    schnell!!
    Christian/Father/Husband/American/NRA Benefactor Life Member/GOA Life Member/USAF NCO/Operations; Provide Comfort/Northern Watch/Southern Watch/Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/TBD....

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    That whole "number of the beast on the hand and the head" thing is beginning to feel not-so-far-fetched.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

16,000 additional IRS agents to audit your insurance compliance. "Papers please" is on the verge of changing from a sarcastic joke to a reality.

Nein das ist verbotten schweinhund
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links