Oklahoma Tea Party Militia?

This is a discussion on Oklahoma Tea Party Militia? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Okla. tea parties and lawmakers envision militia - Yahoo! News What do you guys think? Frightening days we live in if you ask me....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Tea Party Militia?

Okla. tea parties and lawmakers envision militia - Yahoo! News

What do you guys think? Frightening days we live in if you ask me.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I like the symbolism, but would not be effective in thwarting the US military. If they are trying to prove a point to our elected officials they are wasting their time because they don't care what the citizens want. The whole Health Care Reform deboggle proved that.

good ole oklahoma (i live here) kinda scary to think of a militia dont get me wrong i have no problem with protecting your right and your freedom but i just think it would turn out poorly ive met some weird guys down sounth and the panhandle that i wouldnt want to own a gun much less be trained to use it and authurized to do so

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Imagine what people think of you....(no one specific here of course)

my point is not to judge people we dont know.

I knew people with out teeth and and clothes that talked about as hick as you can get. I would assume they should NEVER own a gun but these same people would have gave you anything you need if you needed it. They were some nice folks.

So you guys dont need to sit on here with all these beautiful quotes about 2a from all kind of famous people, talk big like you got big guns, talk about how your 2a protects you and all that brown matter but sit here and show an obvious cringe at the thought that people might actually feel threatened enough to attempt to form a militia for being ready in case things go even more south ..

Let militias form and show your support, they are doing more than any of you or us are doing sitting on this forum barking ideals at one another. If they perform a criminal act then let the law enforcement system in place do something about it.

Look at WACO had we realized what they were doing that was right and not what the government made you to believe you would be seeing the ATF agents and FBI being tried as cold blooded murders. Yeah I know the real story.

Im sick and tired of the hypocrisy of so call conservatives... read between my lines.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

This may be a way for the states to maintain Rule of Law in the event of a national collapse of the federal government due to attack or economic collapse.

Most Sheriffs Departments don't have the budget nor man power to secure their county in the event of a massive collapse of rule of Law.

Militia trained and working with the sheriff could be effective in securing areas and keeping down riots and looting etc.

The National Guard in many cases are deployed out of country and there will not be enough to see to all the needs in a real melt down of rule of law.

This is just my opinion.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

I think they are not helping the tea party movement at all.... What a bunch of morons.

If you contemplate doing something like that, you don't ever advertise it in public, or on the internet. The tea party movement are a bunch of folks who do their fighting at the ballot box.

Those crazies are only helping the left-wingers dismantle and marginalize everything the tea partiers are trying to accomplish. They are playing right into the hands of Saul Alinsky and his minions......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by wolf88 View Post
    good ole oklahoma (i live here) kinda scary to think of a militia dont get me wrong i have no problem with protecting your right and your freedom but i just think it would turn out poorly ive met some weird guys down sounth and the panhandle that i wouldnt want to own a gun much less be trained to use it and authurized to do so
    This profile of southern folks seriously bothers me. Look at my location on my name to the left on your screen.

There are people in the south that would defend your life with theirs a hundred times over what most other people would even dream of.

There are idiots here too but I have seen more dumb idiots in the midwest than I have ever seen in the south. And I was born in PA.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    I think they are not helping the tea party movement at all.... What a bunch of morons.

If you contemplate doing something like that, you don't ever advertise it in public, or on the internet. The tea party movement are a bunch of folks who do their fighting at the ballot box.

Those crazies are only helping the left-wingers dismantle and marginalize everything the tea partiers are trying to accomplish. They are playing right into the hands of Saul Alinsky and his minions......
    I do agree with this statement in the fact that militias would and should never publicly advertise. Real militias would gather their members through person to person means but never on the internet, tv, etc..

I truly believe that most of these pop up militias are created by various liberal organizations to discredit the tea party and what is stands for.

This statement does not contradict my above comments however. Those are based on real militia and not this fake pop DNC sponsored crap.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I'm sure prior to the original American Revolution, there were those who thought local milita's were flaming nutcakes. They were wrong. They were people who stood up for their strong beliefs. In today's jargon, put their money where their mouth was. It's no secret that our so called representatives in Washington have lost touch with their electorate. The ego trip they are on won't let them believe any common assed citizen could possibly be as smart as they believe themselves to be. The once formidable election process has morphed into the one who raises the most money buys (wins) the election. The numbers of people who are politically uninformed, uneducated, apethetic or just plain stupid has been increasing exponentially. An honest politician is an oxymoron. The Constitution has been relegated to the status of just another piece of paper and for the most part, outlived its usefulness ( according to politicians). The SCOTUS is a panel of liberal or senile appointees for life answerable to no one. I could go on and on but I am starting to hear voices and I have to go clean my guns.

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    This profile of southern folks seriously bothers me. Look at my location on my name to the left on your screen.

There are people in the south that would defend your life with theirs a hundred times over what most other people would even dream of.

There are idiots here too but I have seen more dumb idiots in the midwest than I have ever seen in the south. And I was born in PA.
    NOTE: i said some and im not profilling them or judging them all im talking about truly off people not just everyone south of here so calm down and relise your just another guy behind the computer as well.....that said i agree with.....

searcher 45: This may be a way for the states to maintain Rule of Law in the event of a national collapse of the federal government due to attack or economic collapse.

Most Sheriffs Departments don't have the budget nor man power to secure their county in the event of a massive collapse of rule of Law.

Militia trained and working with the sheriff could be effective in securing areas and keeping down riots and looting etc.

The National Guard in many cases are deployed out of country and there will not be enough to see to all the needs in a real melt down of rule of law.

This is just my opinion.

Exactly.

The numbers of people who are politically uninformed, uneducated, apethetic or just plain stupid has been increasing exponentially. An honest politician is an oxymoron.
    Right on. 40 percent of US citizens do not have enough sense to wash their hands after taking a crap: It is a far stretch to expect those folks to make informed choices on election day.

This will go nowhere in the OK legislature. The last thing that OK needs is a state sanctioned "militia".

I am sorry but what does a militia have to do with lowering governments expenditures and downsizing it (Government) in general? Did I miss something in the article?

I live in Oklahoma and am embarrassed by this. I swore an oath long ago to support and defend my country. I am not afraid of the government nearly as much as I am by these types of radical movemnets.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    The two post above mine here speak volumns if anyone is willing to read them, thanks folks.

This is not a good idea no matter how you put it or present it. It's been presented in the event of a collaspe of the Government whether it's Local, State or Feds, then these folks would turn out just like some of those folks did during Katrina, they would become enforcers with no oversight, making their own rules up, we heard about some of that from New Orleans, same principles apply.

I'm sorry, this is something I just don't see happening and I know it's Oklahoma and all, but I'm just 14 miles from the State Line and sooner or later someone would get the idea to want to start some nitwit idea like that down here, no thank you.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I think it's Darrell and a bunch of his uncle-brothers who came up with this bright idea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links