Went to a gun show in Utah on Sunday...

This is a discussion on Went to a gun show in Utah on Sunday... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I saw the two tables staffed by persons for U.S. Census (promoting the need for temporary employees) and ATF near the entrance. ATF staff men ...

Thread: Went to a gun show in Utah on Sunday...

I saw the two tables staffed by persons for U.S. Census (promoting the need for temporary employees) and ATF near the entrance. ATF staff men seem to be solemnly "watching" the convention goers and booth sellers/traders.

Needless to say, their tables are always ignored by convention attendees. I guess it's counterproductive for them, especially ATF, to set up the table only to be ignored by attendees who spotted them from the distance and strenuously avoid the "Big Brother" tables.

Maybe ATF should not bother to set up the table at any gun show, because their attempt to establish communication by ostensible PR is doomed as self-evident considering ATF's preference for draconian firearm control. Not to mention wasting "our" tax money setting up a table for either public relations or pointless (albeit arrogant) political statement federal authority supersedes state rights and other.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdogg View Post
    Maybe ATF should not bother to set up the table at any gun show, because their attempt to establish communication by ostensible PR is doomed as self-evident considering ATF's preference for draconian firearm control. Not to mention wasting "our" tax money setting up a table for either public relations or pointless (albeit arrogant) political statement federal authority supersedes state rights and other.
    Although I agree with you, I think there are many who would take issue. There's absolutely no reason for the ATF to exist. Just another redundant bureaucracy.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Although I agree with you, I think there are many who would take issue. There's absolutely no reason for the ATF to exist. Just another redundant bureaucracy.
    YEP....like the slogan says Alcohol tobacco and firearms-should be a convenience store, not an agency
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

I like the old saying "ATF should should be a store, NOT a government agency"!
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

Cyberdogg..You should stopped by my table..I would have liked to meet someone from the forum.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdogg View Post
    I saw the two tables staffed by persons for U.S. Census (promoting the need for temporary employees) and ATF near the entrance. ATF staff men seem to be solemnly "watching" the convention goers and booth sellers/traders.

Needless to say, their tables are always ignored by convention attendees. I guess it's counterproductive for them, especially ATF, to set up the table only to be ignored by attendees who spotted them from the distance and strenuously avoid the "Big Brother" tables.

Philistine.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links