The Bangor Daily: Mayors’ group pushes for background checks on sales at gun shows

The Bangor Daily: Mayors’ group pushes for background checks on sales at gun shows

This is a discussion on The Bangor Daily: Mayors’ group pushes for background checks on sales at gun shows within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Opponents say proposal goes too far Mayors? group pushes for background checks on sales at gun shows - Bangor Daily News I welcome the input....

Thread: The Bangor Daily: Mayors’ group pushes for background checks on sales at gun shows

Post The Bangor Daily: Mayors’ group pushes for background checks on sales at gun shows

Opponents say proposal goes too far

Mayors? group pushes for background checks on sales at gun shows - Bangor Daily News

I welcome the input.

VIP Member

Exclamation Fire Mission

We are winning in the poll, but not by much.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Opponents say proposal goes too far, would create an unlawful database
    The database is already there. Whenever a FFL holder goes out of business he is required to turn in all of his records. This is nothing more than a backdoor around the no data base law.

Michael

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    The database is already there. Whenever a FFL holder goes out of business he is required to turn in all of his records. This is nothing more than a backdoor around the no data base law.

Michael
    No data base of Private Sales, for Virginia.

Private transfers (gifts, bequeaths, loans, swaps, sales, etc between private individuals) do not require a FFL involvement, background checks, or any other reporting/prior approval.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    No data base of Private Sales, for Virginia.

Private transfers (gifts, bequeaths, loans, swaps, sales, etc between private individuals) do not require a FFL involvement, background checks, or any other reporting/prior approval.
    Same for FL. Nothing necessary. Sometimes I'd do a simple bill of sale with the firearm make & model, serial number, and caliber with both person's signatures on the paper. That way if it comes up in a crime, I have proof that someone purchased it from me.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

isn't this ole Bloomberg's anti-gun posse?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Sponsored Links