Anyone know anything about NAGR?

This is a discussion on Anyone know anything about NAGR? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got an email from them today about H.R. 2159, a gun grabber bill. The bill is a year old and it strikes me as ...

Thread: Anyone know anything about NAGR?

I got an email from them today about H.R. 2159, a gun grabber bill. The bill is a year old and it strikes me as weird that NAGR is trying to use it for donations now.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

The NAGR is another gun rights wannabe organization. They use fear tactics to generate money.

The bill currently has 25 co-sponsors: It will go nowhere this election year: The bill will also die this year.

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Read The Bill: H.R. 2159 - GovTrack.us

That is what I thought. It sickens me when people use something like this as a way to make money. I really wish that people would just be legit!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

NAGR is the real deal

NAGR is not a "wannabe" gun rights organization. They are the real deal. I'm a proud member of NAGR. Unlike the NRA, NAGR does not compromise in the fight against gun control. NAGR tells it like it is so that they can raise the necessary resources to fight gun control.

Here is an informative email that I received from Dudley Brown, Executive Director of NAGR:

As a 17 year gun lobbyist, I can tell you that NO idea is "dead in the water" as long as politicians -- in Washington or in State Capitols -- are in session.

An example: liberals in the Colorado legislature tried to "close the gun show loophole" many, many times. And every time, we (Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, the group I lobby for in Colorado) beat them. They couldn't even get the bill out of committee.

But then Columbine happened, and overnight, a bill to ban private sales at gun shows (forcing Brady checks on all sales at gun shows) was suddenly not just a possibility, but an almost certainty. It changed in minutes, with the antics of two moronic high school kids.

Even more insidious was that the NRA started giving ground (as they always do in the face of adversity). Charlton Heston gave a written (i.e. not caught off guard) interview with Outdoor Life magazine, in which he said all firearms sales in America, including gun shows, should go through a Brady Check.

Tom Mauser, the main anti-gun nut in Colorado pushing the legislation, started using Heston's words against us. And though we defeated the bill in the legislature (through some serious dedication of grassroots activists), we were beat via initiative. Had everyone taken the threat seriously from day one, we might have beaten it again. Instead, the gun-grabbers won.

You can say something's dead all you want. I am a former employee of the United States Senate (not an intern, but was a district director for Colorado's senior Senator), and know how the system works. NOTHING is dead, until its dead. At which time, it might become an amendment (and amendments are usually how legislation is passed, such as the Assault Weapons ban).

I'm a very real person, and have spent much of my adult life fighting for our freedoms in the trenches of the public policy making process. I'm not afraid to mix it up with the left of either political party, and am probably one of the small handful of "gun lobbyists" in America who has not been co-opted into the Establishment (I'd make more money that way, but it would be hard to sleep at night).

I can tell you with certainty that if we let the institutional gun lobby drive the bus, we're going over a cliff. The sad part is that, if we let them do it, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

They may be legitimate, but their less than honest tactics of tricking people into donations, is disgusting to say the least. I for one am too intelligent to fall for the email crap I receive from them every few days, but it's sad to think about those that fall for it.

For instance, they actually emailed me the other day stating; To launch this program, we just need 2 more donations from Waldron! Will you help make it happen?
    John Luttrell

They may be legitimate, but their less than honest tactics of tricking people into donations, is disgusting to say the least. I for one am too intelligent to fall for the email crap I receive from them every few days, but it's sad to think about those that fall for it.

Bingo!!!!

I can find no evidence that the NAGR has done anything substantial except collect money that seems to go nowhere. The NAGR is another anti-NRA gun rights wannabe organization. Methinks that the primary purpose of the NAGR is to enrich Mr. Dudley Brown.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre219 View Post
    NAGR is not a "wannabe" gun rights organization. They are the real deal. I'm a proud member of NAGR. Unlike the NRA, NAGR does not compromise in the fight against gun control. NAGR tells it like it is so that they can raise the necessary resources to fight gun control.

Here is an informative email that I received from Dudley Brown, Executive Director of NAGR:
    I donate to them occasionally. But I am not a member. I'll still be careful and make sure that my donation is not an overreaction.

I too, am on their e-mail list. The strange thing is that I'm not sure how I got there...

Brian

LMAO, we have been stuck just shy of 2 donations for quite a while, I keep getting that message from them.

"Midnight tonight is the deadline and we still need 2 more donations from Waldron, John.

Please don't hesitate. I am counting on you."
    John Luttrell

Sabre219 - an amployee of NAGR

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre219 View Post

I am new here and not wanting to start an agruement, but I get lots of NAGR and things from Mr. Brown and just still researching the legitamcy of NAGR. I have seen Sabre219 post else where and what he didn't state here that was stated elsewhere was he is an employee of NAGR (see link): Does anyone know anything about NAGR, are they legit?, which makes his comments and opinions somewhat biased.

I am also looking for more valid information regarding NAGR, from members, not employees or individuals with their own agenda because of a financial/family tie to NAGR.

Any help would be apreciated.

I am also looking for more valid information regarding NAGR, from members, not employees or individuals with their own agenda because of a financial/family tie to NAGR.

Any help would be apreciated.
    i was present on another website when Dudley Brown told an outright lie. This lie:

It’s illegal for me to tell you which candidates the National Association for Gun Rights PAC supports. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Federal Election Commission (FEC) expressly forbid me from telling you which candidates are so solid on gun rights that I want you to help us help them.
    Scam being run by the National Association for Gun Rights - AR15.COM

Dudley Brown was recently in hot water on the same website:

National Association for Gun Rights letter received / Dudley Brown foiled by ARFCOM - Page 1 - AR15.COM

Links