I told you so.... - Page 2

I told you so....

This is a discussion on I told you so.... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Bhamrichard The Senate would have to ratify such a treaty - - Not going to happen The Constitution would have to be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I told you so....

Quote Originally Posted by Bhamrichard View Post
    The Senate would have to ratify such a treaty - - Not going to happen
    The Constitution would have to be burned - - Not going to happen
    SCOTUS would have to reverse current law - - Not going to happen
    The American People would have to surrender - - NEVER going to happen
    I believe we may see the first 3 happen.
    We'll see what America is made of if it comes to the 4th. A large portion of the population has already surrendered. I know which side I'll be on. It will be ugly if it comes to that.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    Some people seem to prefer to go around and waste their energy on false battles instead of the real ones.
    Ain't that the bleeping truth.

They're spending so much time fighting the ghosts, goblins, and warlocks that they won't have any energy (or credibility) left to fight when something really does hit the fan.
    Proud Lady Blue Dog

Hey, we all know that they'll be quittin', before they take our guns like they did in Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by hayzor View Post
    I believe we may see the first 3 happen.
    We'll see what America is made of if it comes to the 4th.
    Explain how that will happen with the current and/or near future makeup of the Senate. Don't give me vague stuff about how we've given up and Obama and commies and birth certificates, give me specifics, tell me how it would happen. Can you come up with 67 names that could be counted on to vote in favor of such a treaty?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    Some people seem to prefer to go around and waste their energy on false battles instead of the real ones.
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Well you guys and snicker and Te hee all you want but the National Association for Gun Rights is taking this as a very real and serious threat, click the link and have a read, they have more than one source for this rationale such as Congressman Paul Broun. Or you can just close your eyes and hope it never happens....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

That second link can be summed up with:
    ...consider a generous donation of $100, $50 or $25 ...
    Even if this treaty were still an issue, none of the following is a part of it:
    •Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;
    •CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL “unauthorized” civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);
    •BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;
    •Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION.
    Our own constitution already voids any such treaty.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Here's some additional reading on the subject:

International Gun Ban Treaty? | FactCheck.org

http://italy.usembassy.gov/pdf/other/RS22108.pdf

I think, however, we need to stay away from the "it can't happen here" belief even though the chances are near zero. Other countries thought the same thing and look what happened to them.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Well you guys and snicker and Te hee all you want but the National Association for Gun Rights is taking this as a very real and serious threat, click the link and have a read, they have more than one source for this rationale such as Congressman Paul Broun. Or you can just close your eyes and hope it never happens....

First you make an OP with with a link and a quote. The quote is not related to the link. You made the same post on another forum. You drew a rebuke from a staff member on that forum and the thread was locked.

Now you defend a wannabe "gun rights" organization that has no track record. NAGR is a joke: They have contributed no funds to the betterment of gun rights.

IMO: NAGR is a scurrilous organizatrion that was set up to line the pockets of its founder/s.

Administrator
    The OP is concerned about his country and the awful direction that it is headed in....in general.
    As we all should be.
    These days it's incredibly difficult to sort fact from fiction, truth from lies, honestly from dishonesty, and most of it all spilling from the top down.

The American people are either being flooded with untruths or whatever should be investigated/reported on is totally ignored by the mainstream media.

SO...take it easy on the OP of this thread regarding personal type comments directed toward him and try to understand why there is such incredible uncertainty, pessimism, and disbelief in much of the U.S. population.

Folks just don't know what they are going to get smacked with next or what the heck is headed our way next.

Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    You must have missed this part:

They're REALLY serious.
    I do not have a comment on the articles, but the "They're REALLY serious" comment had me laughing for a few minutes this morning, thank you!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Here's some additional reading on the subject:

International Gun Ban Treaty? | FactCheck.org

http://italy.usembassy.gov/pdf/other/RS22108.pdf

I think, however, we need to stay away from the "it can't happen here" belief even though the chances are near zero. Other countries thought the same thing and look what happened to them.
    At least someone gets it.... and just like the "Assault Weapon Ban" we all thought it could not would not happen here and if not for the NRA helping to put a time limit on it we would still be stuck with that POS legislation....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

IF the Feds are indeed working on such a encompassing action, the individual state governments are working in the exact opposite direction. This is a recipe for some very interesting times ahead.

How many states have passed the "Line in the sand" warning to the Feds?

How many states have recently ousted their federal level senators and reps mid term?

Unlike the other countries that currently enjoy the benefits of complete gun bans, we (USA) have had guns deeply ingrained in our way of life, albeit greatly diminished over the last 100 years.

I think the feds know that such an attempt to join the list of "Gun Free" countries is folly. Their may be factions of the feds that will try, but it will get mired in the checks and balances at the federal level.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

He’s serious you know.

Anywise sense grammar school most people need a little more evidence. Also as far as leaving the UN, very nice idealistic idea but not tenable in the unfortunate reality we live in. this treaty is nothing to worry about, it will probably be like the Europeans and Kyoto protocol. A nice thing to hang in the corner but not actually fallowed or reached.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    While I concur that this treaty is not in my sight for being anything to worry about at this point in time. I've been around long enough to never say never.

So before I say it's B.S. or it can't happen or someones full of it, you better remember, there is no such thing as it can't happen.

Now, as it's been said, it'll be a cold day in somewhere before this comes to pass in this country anyways.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links