Defensive Carry banner

Arizona now gets a 2/100 from Brady Campaign!

2K views 47 replies 40 participants last post by  zxd9 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I'm hoping that open carry passes in OK and we should drop to 0/100.

#7 ·
C'mon big money! I'm going for the -8 as well !!!

I don't think that they took the new Constitutional Carry into effect; do you think that we can write them and ask for a 10-point deduction for that so that we are at a -8?

#16 ·
The only way to get to zero is to pass a law that would mandate that college campuses allow carry...there is nothing in the ARS preventing carry on college campuses, but nothing requiring the AZ Board of Regents to allow it. So of course they prohibit it...and that gets us 2 points.

Any legislators want to tackle this please?!?!:confused:

#14 ·
Ohio has an 11. Not to bad considering how liberal it is at times. But I think we can do better.

Congrats to AZ for their improved score! :35::35::35:

#15 ·
It does seem to work that States with high scores also have higher crime rates! Is that so hard to see?:rant:

#46 ·
Bingo!

If you cross reference their own information, that's exactly what you get! Cross the score cards with this map: http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/graphics/map-gunviolence.swf

The vast majority of the "gun violence" they detail on that map is happening in states with high score card ratings (ie, Cali, NY, NJ, MA). There are only two dots in Utah representing two crimes over a span of two years. This, in the state that they detail on the score card is the "worst" at controlling guns. Oh, and in VT..... one dot.

Funny how you can use all of their own info to prove the rest of the site wrong!

#18 ·
Texas got 9 out of 100 points. I'm so ashamed. :(

Hopefully next year we can hit 0.

and um...

Juvenile Handgun Purchases (Maximum 2 Points)

Category: Must be 21
Possible Points:2
Texas Points:0

Um... we have to be 21 to purchase a handgun... Why didn't we get any points? Not that I'm complaining, but that's just flat wrong. And why are they saying anyone 18-21 is a Juvenile?

#19 ·
They did the same thing to OK Blue. We didn't get points for that either, but shhh, don't tell them that.

#20 ·
Congrats on join us AZ...Idaho 2/100

#23 ·
Well, I think I will send them a letter thanking them for making it so easy to find good states to live in.

The Redder The Better!!!

#26 ·
I love how us pro 2A people use their list to proove how awsome and free our states are. I'm sure they appreciate that as well. go AZ!
Looking at the few places where TN fails (they have an 8), certainly makes me sad:
- colleges not forced to have guns on campus
-employers not forced to have gun on site

The other 4 points arent quite as bad, but still:
- Record keeping and retention of gun dealers
Inspections by police allowed of gun dealers

#27 ·
looks like utah is a zero. good for them!
there are of course, a lot of other things to take into account then what they do, but still amusing to look at.
note: this is their scorecard about states laws to stop gun trafficing.
Obviously if carry laws and where guns were allowed, etc were taken into place, that would be a lot cooler.
Has anyone done this? Ranking states carry laws and self defense laws?

#28 ·
Ohio is 11

2 for dealer report stolen guns
3 for owner report stolen guns
2 for age requirement (must be 21)
2 for gun buster signs in businesses
2 for gun buster signs in colleges

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.