Gun Grab 2010-11, how likely?

This is a discussion on Gun Grab 2010-11, how likely? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; When I was out and about this weekend, my Saturday travels included a visit to a bullion dealer, and I was witness to a conspiracy ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Grab 2010-11, how likely?

Gun Grab 2010-11, how likely?

When I was out and about this weekend, my Saturday travels included a visit to a bullion dealer, and I was witness to a conspiracy theory talk-a-thon centered around guns (this was odd, as normally this happens at say a gun range).

The conversation centered around a few key events that are going to happen now, then a few in the mid-term, then within two years. Red herring events that will be blamed on the tea party, militia, terrorism, etc. Puerto Rico's statehood and illegal immigrant amnesty to gain votes. All of this fosters support to make the legislative more anti-2a. This leads to a UN treaty concerning firearms (perishable ammunition being the critical component).

The why and how all of this ties together, Obama Admin's concern that an all out war will escalate south of the boarder (Mexico) in an alliance between Venezuela (Chavez) and Iran, once the U.S. attacks Iran. The threat will be attacks on U.S. food supply and energy, that originate in Mexico, funded by Venezuela (partially related to the drug cartels losing funding from lost drug revenue once there is a crack down). Obama's policy will include UN blue hats in Mexico and some stationed in SW states on the boarder (because of the political issues of sending U.S. troops into Mexico).

Many in the SW states will not be happy to have UN troops there. The perishable ammunition will be the only legal over the counter ammunition and there will be firearm sales limitations. If any problems develop between U.S. citizens and U.N. troops, their will be requirements to store many private firearms and ammunition (but not all) in locations other than the owner's homes (like clubs or certified storage). All of this by 2011.

I believe the political will does not exist for many of the above theories.

So how say you, how likely is a looming gun grab?

PS - The conspiracy theory talk-a-thon was on Saturay, well before the car bomb scare in times square. I'm sure those who shared with me prior considered it a possible red herring. There was mention that the oil rig disaster was also a potential red herring, or an attack from Iran.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

Let me guess its all the Jews fault? May be that Pakistani they just arrested is a ninja who traveled back in time? No no I got it, the oil spill was a distraction so that the FBI could arrest Jesus and throw him in a secret military base in Idaho that is run by the Nepalese government. That and U Mass is being run by members of the Chinese MSS. To top it all of it is all being coordinated by a group of shadowy figures scheming in the tunnels under the airport in Denver.
    On a serious note, I will say its that it sounds like a good fiction book. Also I hope you got a good price. Sorry to hear that you had to listen to all that stuff, its unfortunate but there seams to be a lot of conspiracy theory gun owners out there that give the rest of us a bad name.

Yeah this all sounds a little (lot) far-fetched. So far, those who have wanted to take our freedoms from us have employed gradualism as their strategy. It has worked well so far, and I see no reason they would make the abrupt change you are describing above.

It's about as likely as the government rounding up all of the illegal immigrants to deport them...

They're afraid of the backlash of immigration 'reform.' Imagine the backlash from gun-toters over gun 'reform' such as that.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Yeah this all sounds a little (lot) far-fetched. So far, those who have wanted to take our freedoms from us have employed gradualism as their strategy. It has worked well so far, and I see no reason they would make the abrupt change you are describing above.
    Looks to me like they've picked up the pace just a wee bit this past year considering health care, federalizing the banks, taking over private Corporations like GM and Chrysler, firing CEO's and telling others what they can pay their employees, federalizing all student loans, and the rest of the agenda on deck for the rest of this year and into the next.

I'm just sayin'
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Yep, the feds and the UN blue hats are coming to take away all the guns in private hands. The former gunowners will be hauled off in those huge enclosed people transporters that the railroads have built for the purpose.

Internment will be in the hundreds of FEMA camps that have been talked about but have defied detection.

Hillary Clinton will be appointed head of all the detention camps. Clinton and her assistant, Janet Reno, will be dressed in black leather from head to toe and they will carry whips. Gunshop owners who bought into conspiracy theories will be singled out for severe punishment by the Clinton and Reno duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Yep, the feds and the UN blue hats are coming to take away all the guns in private hands. The former gunowners will be hauled off in those huge enclosed people transporters that the railroads have built for the purpose.

Internment will be in the hundreds of FEMA camps that have been talked about but have defied detection.

Hillary Clinton will be appointed head of all the detention camps. Clinton and her assistant, Janet Reno, will be dressed in black leather from head to toe and they will carry whips. Gunshop owners who bought into conspiracy theories will be singled out for severe punishment by the Clinton and Reno duo.

Heh, and that's about the jist of it.

There is "gradualism", which we all see and have witnessed, and then there are clowns that wear tin hats and think along these lines, and along the lines of "Death Panels".

Fear sells, and my so called "republican" party has used the big three (guns, gays, and abortion) for how many years now? Seems that wheneeeeeever there's a "dem" in office, the big three seems to come out in full, idiotic force. Yeaaaaah! Let's get Obama out of office, and allllll those "dems", and we can get back to Amerika! Woohooo!
    "Dems" have come and gone, and there aren't "gays" dancing on every corner, abortions held in the local Wal Mart, and I STILL....have my guns. It's ridiculous. But oh, it's used every single cycle, just like the "they spend, and we don't" lie.
    It's time we, as Americans, stop falling for this "fear" from ONE side, and come to the reality that yes, even the "republican" party has done its part against "guns" (McCain's history for example).
    "Republicans" had full power for how many years, and we STILL had the big three going on. What did they, change?

I did hear, that Obama is the Anti-Christ, and he's in cahoots with the ghost of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, to create a Nation where the media is manipulated, wars are constant, neighbors tell on each other if they are suspicious, citizens are spied on illegally, the people's money is spent on the "war machine", and only WE are right and the rest of the world is wrong.
    Oh wait.....that was the last administration...
    Stop acting like we're fightin' for "freedom". We are ALREADY....free.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I don't see how homosexual people and abortion has anything to do with this. In fact I don't appreciate taking the thread out of context just to bash former president George W Bush. Yeah yeah I know you don't care.

IMO I think the gun grab theory explained in the OP is a bit much. If anything I think they will peruse a global universal weapons ban. That way it will be all the law abiding that will be disarmed. Cops will carry whiffle ball bats and criminals will still have guns.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    I don't see how homosexual people and abortion has anything to do with this. In fact I don't appreciate taking the thread out of context just to bash former president George W Bush.

IMO I think the gun grab theory explained in the OP is a bit much. If anything I think they will peruse a global universal weapons ban. That way it will be all the law abiding that will be disarmed. Cops will carry whiffle ball bats and criminals will still have guns.
    Maybe they can keep their Tasers. Just hope they can get close enough to the criminals to use them.

I don't see how homosexual people and abortion has anything to do with this. In fact I don't appreciate taking the thread out of context just to bash former president George W Bush. Yeah yeah I know you don't care.

Actually it has ALOT to do with the OP's "theory", AND....the previous post I posted to (Sig210's)....concerning "conspiracy theories/control/manipulation/left is evil".

Accusing me of "bashing" George W. Bush for just the sake of "bashing" him, because "yeah yeah I know you don't care" is preposterous. Look....the idiot failed us TOO, period. Those that would think this is some "left versus right" issue haven't been paying attention. THAT....is my point. This has been a gradual thing (gun control), and the use of one sides "mantra's" (just like with gays and abortions and spending), has had us all focused on a "good cop/bad cop" mentality.

The discussion is on "gun grabs" and "conspiracy theories" and I've got news for you, BOTH sides are involved, in case you missed it, and BOTH sides use tactics such as "fear". So yes, Abortion, Fear, Gays, all of it, and even the Godlike creature "George W. Bush", the annointed one, that you're accusing me of "bashing", are part of it. It isn't just the "dems", as was my POINT. To think otherwise, is not living in the realm of reality.

---->NO U.N. GUN CONTROL ( July 18, 2001 ) –

Representative Ron Paul (R-TX) argued that the country should boycott the international gun control organization, which is actively “taking guns away from civilians”.

164 House Republicans voted against the amendment.

"George W Bush" --->the announcement that President George W. Bush supports the reauthorization of the 1994 assault-weapons ban, which is set to expire in 2004. He also flatly stated it in 2000, as GOV. Remember the NRA being upset and surprised at this?
    Assault Weapons and Assaults on the Constitution

McCain?
    http://gunowners.org/mccaintb.htm

I can certainly show more so called "republicans" doing this to OUR gun rights, if needed. It is BOTH sides....Period.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheoryRealm View Post

The discussion is on "gun grabs" and "conspiracy theories" and I've got news for you, BOTH sides are involved, in case you missed it, and BOTH sides use tactics such as "fear". So yes, Abortion, Fear, Gays, all of it, and even the Godlike creature "George W. Bush", the annointed one, that you're accusing me of "bashing", are part of it. It isn't just the "dems", as was my POINT. To think otherwise, is not living in the realm of reality.
    using fear and promising the world it is how politicians have gotten in forever.

I never said former president Bush was a god nor did I ever thought of him as "the anointed one". I disagreed with a lot of things he did. People called him stupid and a bigot. they played "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" when he got on his flight out of Washington for cryin out loud. He may not have been the best president but certainly not the worst.

Bottom line is that the current president DOES have an open opposition to the 2nd amendment. He supports extreme measures of gun control and wants to eliminate CCW. He said so himself. I wish the republicans would grow a pair and put forth a conservative to run.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

When I joined the service I swore and oath to protect the constitution form all enemies foreign, and domestic. All I can say is that they can take my guns and ammo from my cold dead hands!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

using fear and promising the world it is how politicians have gotten in forever.

I never said former president Bush was a god nor did I ever thought of him as "the anointed one". I disagreed with a lot of things he did. People called him stupid and a bigot. they played "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" when he got on his flight out of Washington for cryin out loud. He may not have been the best president but certainly not the worst.

Bottom line is that the current president DOES have an open opposition to the 2nd amendment. He supports extreme measures of gun control and wants to eliminate CCW. He said so himself. I wish the republicans would grow a pair and put forth a conservative to run.

Oh indeed, Obama has stated those things.
    I do wish we had a TRUE conservative running too. The one's we have now are truly an embarassment.

I don't give much credence to conspiracy theories, but with the congress and senate having such low approval rates, and looking towards November and potentially large loses, they may say "What the hell, I won't be re-elected so why not vote for gun control!" I only hope I am wrong.

Yes they do.

Bottom line is that the current president DOES have an open opposition to the 2nd amendment. He supports extreme measures of gun control and wants to eliminate CCW. He said so himself.
    Yes he did. When he was running for office in a state that is very anti-gun. Then he ran for president and said almost nothing about guns during the campaign, with a couple of mentions in the party platform and a mention in a couple of speeches.

Upon being elected, he's done more good for gun owners in a year than the previous 12 years of Republican presidents did. Now, did he want to? No, of course not. But I think you showed with the first statement that sometimes we can separate what a candidate promises or espouses from his actions. Obama isn't going to touch this issue. He's getting killed by the anti-gun groups and is flat ignoring them. That's a loud and clear message that they aren't relevant and they aren't getting their way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links