Syracuse University students helping Bloomberg

This is a discussion on Syracuse University students helping Bloomberg within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; SA will showcase its support of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's initiative to close the Gun Show Loophole in a press conference in the ...

Thread: Syracuse University students helping Bloomberg

SA will showcase its support of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's initiative to close the Gun Show Loophole in a press conference in the Panasci Lounge in Schine Student Center at 9 a.m. Tuesday. Representatives from Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and Rep. Dan Maffei's offices will attend. The Gun Show Loophole allows criminals to buy guns at gun shows nationwide without having to undergo a background check. SA has spoken out against the loophole and has joined Bloomberg's efforts to close the loophole.

[LINK]

Wow....so all someone has to do is say they are a criminal and they get to by-pass a background check!? Wow!!

--> for ignorance....don't let facts get in the way of a good argument....or political grandstanding
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Belss thier liberal hearts...........

Glad or children are being taught WHAT to think instead of HOW to think in school.

[scarcasm off]
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I don't know but last gun show i was at, every table was operated by an FFL holder who had all the firearms at their table in their books. So every single sale had to go through the same background check process as normal. I understand that some states have allowed face to face private transfer without such checks, FL does for example. However, each table I know of had a laptop they were entering information into and they did the checks for every sale I saw (full forms and all).
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

See them at Bill Goodman's Gun and Knife Shows...bring a buddy and tell a friend!

VIP Member

Where are the Pro-RKBA citizens?

Last time the anti-RKBA folk at Virginia Tech tried a similar stunt the Students for Concealed Carry on Campus and VCDL* showed up and dominated the discussion -- once the handpicked professional antis on the panel were done.

I'm sure it didn't change anyone mind -- but it did defeat the antis planned bully-pulpit and the TV coverage wasn't what they had hoped for.

BTW -- most of the non-students and non-employees of the college were armed. The point wasn't missed.

BTW2 -- one of the organizers, tried to stop me handing out blaze orange "Guns Save Lives" stickers. The LEOs (who were out in force, including high raked officer) reminded the organizer of 1A and State Law.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Sponsored Links