TN 'bar carry' passed into law

This is a discussion on TN 'bar carry' passed into law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Congrats TN......

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TN 'bar carry' passed into law

Congrats TN...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

bah, stupid gvnr vetoed it on the last day (well, actually what i thought was the day after the last day, but i guess they count differently than i do).
    he of course waited to the very last day so that there might not be time in the legislative period for them to overturn it, but there will be.
    now yet another session of watch and wait. im getting sick of this.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    bah, stupid gvnr vetoed it on the last day (well, actually what i thought was the day after the last day, but i guess they count differently than i do).
    he of course waited to the very last day so that there might not be time in the legislative period for them to overturn it, but there will be.
    now yet another session of watch and wait. im getting sick of this.
    Can't say this surprises me. He's a Dem for one. I also thought deadline was yesterday. Been watching it all day and havn't seen anything related to it. NRA-ILA website doesn't even have anything posted on it yet. This is first word I've heard from you here.

Don't know what Tennessee's problem is. They need to get with the program.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

ya, we got n idget for a gvnr.
    Tennessee General Assembly Legislation
    Georg Büchner

his response letter:
    http://blogs.knoxnews.com/humphrey/0...to_Message.pdf

(and this is sure to get overridden btw, so dont worry too much yet)
    Georg Büchner

(and this is sure to get overridden btw, so dont worry too much yet)
    I hope so. I frequently travel into TN...Kingsport, shopping, etc. and sometimes would like to stop for a meal at restaurants the serve (I don't drink outside of my home). Would be nice to be able to not have to disarm to go in a restaurant and eat.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

yep. i have noticed that so many people (even if they are pro carry and know ppl that carry but dont themselves) simply do not understand the hassle and danger of not being able to carry in a restaurant.
    Although I don't go out to eat all that often (maybe once a week), also 75% of my outings are going to restaurants (i guess i just dont get out much).
    This means that almost every time I go out, I either have to at some point dissarm in my car, or simply leave my gun at home (both of which i hate).
    This leaves me without my gun in the restaraunt. This means I have to dissarm 'in public'. This means my gun is sitting in my car alone (in a lock box granted, but still).

I guess what annoys me most is the gvnr's excuse. guns and booze dont mix.
    no, of course they dont! I'm not drinking while I have a gun on me. Actually this law gives additional penalty to drinking while carrying. All I want to do is eat at applebees! Thats it! That has nothing to do with alcohol really, other than someone over at the little 'bar' area might be sipping on a beer.
    Now, I realize this bill would allow me to carry in 'actual bars' as well. Although I dissagree with them, I can see why someone wouldnt want that.
    However, this gvnr also vetoed the bill last year when it was just for resaraunts, so thats no excuse.

(for those of you who didnt know, a bill got passed (then vetoed and overridden) that allowed restaraunt carry but was later challanged my a lawyer and ruled to vague when defigning resaraunt vs beer)

anyways... ill stop ranting. this is just getting on my nerves. i hope they override him and get this passed already.
    Georg Büchner

Me too.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Our POS gov actually vetoed it last week...and had it held until the very last day to release it....while he was in china with the other commies
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Thank you, Governor Bredesen. You've just shown me once again why I support Ron Ramsey in the upcoming gubernatorial election. I would recommend any and all Tennesseans who value gun rights to look into him, as he's the only candidate who has an HCP here in our state.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Anyone in TN, here is the list of Senate Caucus Leaders on NRA-ILA website. Fast action is needed to override the Governor's veto.

NRA-ILA :: Tennessee State Senate Must Address Restaurant Carry Veto Override
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Called em all! The only open "snub" came from Jim Kyle's office where they adamantly informed me he voted against the bill. I told them to pass on my request no matter.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

TN does not license "bars".
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Contact your TN legislators to suspend notice rules to override. Actually, the overriders have the necessary majority and know the rules. So I hope the bill becomes law before adjournment.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Ron Ramsey's office told me they had it planned out and believe they can get the veto override in place before the session ends.

It's not that I am so hot to carry in a restaurant I'm just sick and tired of the stupid bickering between the state legislature members and every little enclave of five people on a hillside being able to reinterpret state law, passed by the state legislature that was duly elected by a MAJORITY of the voters.

"Pushing" this and other "reasonable man" legislation through will go a long way towards stopping the debilitating, costly, insipid and inane delays these people create. They play the supposed "protector" of the Tennessee we all just love when in fact they are truculent rapacious jerks who's dilatancy on the passage and inception of these laws has moved Tennessee to the coveted position of 6th most dangerous state in the USA.

Sorry...putting soap box away now...
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links