Apparently we're all pedophiles, too

This is a discussion on Apparently we're all pedophiles, too within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As if antis don't already label us as baby-killers, racists and rednecks, I came across this segment on NBC last night. We were surfing through ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apparently we're all pedophiles, too

VIP Member

Apparently we're all pedophiles, too

As if antis don't already label us as baby-killers, racists and rednecks, I came across this segment on NBC last night.

We were surfing through the channels when we stopped on NBC, where they were reporting on a sting on internet child predators. They went undercover, posed as kids on the web to find the pedophiles, and set up a house for the predators to meet them. The cops would swiftly run in and tackle these guys down hard.

The reporter narrating the show said The cops have to move in fast, because in Florida, it is extremely easy to obtain a handgun carry permit.

Instead of the reporter saying, "The cops have to move in fast because the suspect may be armed," he had to say "carry permits.:"

Don't. Even. Get. Me. Started.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

I saw that show also.
    interesting how many sheeple may make the jump you mentioned.

yes, the fact that its easy to get a fla. chl is a fact.

the fact that they directly tied it to these scumbag pedophiles is kind of disheartening.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Unbelievable....gotta love the sheeple media. Somebody should educate this guy on the background of what it takes to get a CCW. I am admitedly not all that familiar with Florida's rules and regs; but am sure that a BCI check would be a requirement. Most of these dirt bag pedophiles and molesters have previous records and would never qualify for a CCW in the first place. CCW is a privilage and held, by the vast majority, with utmost responsibility and foresight.

What L.E./society/media needs to be worried about are illegal guns possessed by those who WOULD NEVER go beyond the initial application process for CCW, reguardless of how "easy" the state is.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Do you recall what area of Fla. this was in Betty ?? I haven't seen anything like that on the news but I have a friend that is a county deputy and he is currently doing the internet pedophile thing. They have just made a big bust in the next county over from me. Seems he told me they rounded up 23 of the scumbags.

He is a retired Marine E-8 and I know he don't frig around. He absolutely hates pedophiles and will get his " pound of fleash" from them when making the arrest. -------

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Yeah, I saw that as well, it really ticked me off that he said that. I had to spend the next 20 mintues explaining to my mom that the real issue was not concealed carry permit holders, but scumbags that carry guns illegally.
    Curry

VIP Member
    RSSZ,
    No, I don't recall - we flipped to that station for a few minutes and then changed it right after I heard that nonsense. I was so mad I didn't want to watch any more.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Administrator

That's Unreal

That makes absolutely no sense.

I'd like to move in fast & tackle that reporter just because he is a total idiot.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Perhaps we should all log onto NBC's website and file respectful protests? Perhaps we should carbon copy the FCC as well?

Probably won't do any good, but not filing certainly won't.

If we can find out who sponsored the program, sending messages to them might get more attention?
    Last edited by falcon1; June 8th, 2006 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Additional question

It was Lee county/Ft. Myers sherriffs dept that was doing the busts/stings.
    i remember that cuz my folks winter in Ft. Myers beach area.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    As if antis don't already label us as baby-killers, racists and rednecks, I came across this segment on NBC last night.

The reporter narrating the show said The cops have to move in fast, because in Florida, it is extremely easy to obtain a handgun carry permit.
    If that is true, then Florida has a problem, Isn't a conviction of that type of crime a felony? And, shouldn't that prevent a previously convicted pedophile from getting a permit?

If states can set up data bases to track these guys, they should be able to keep them from getting carry permits!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Assistant Administrator
    I get ever more pissed at media hype and spin - it's about time someone reported objectively - but I guess it'll never happen.

Lies and distortions it seems are rated better for audience grabbing - and to hell with truth and impartiality. Seems like always someone in an editorial position tries their hardest to impose spin against us.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Crazy!.

Most pedophiles are repeat offenders - therefore unable to get a concealed carry permit.

Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar
    What would a NBC "journalist" say if this same show was held in Illinois, New York, Rhode Island, Massachusettes, et al?

1."The police have to move in fast because in Chicago, IL, it is extremely easy to obtain a handgun license."

Oh wait, uh, no. Ahhhh.......Illinois doesn't allow a law abiding citizen to carry a handgun, much less than have a license to carry.

2."The police have to move in fast because in Chicago, IL, it is extremely hard to obtain a handgun license."

No, thats not right either.

3."The police have to move in fast because in Chicago, IL, it is impossible to obtain a handgun license."

Wait a second. That won't fly. Think, ******, think.

4."The police have to move in fast because in Chicago, IL, it is

(fill in the blank)____________________________________."

Anyone have a suggestions? Don't let the facts get into the way of your reporting.

The program is "to catch a predator" which, sadly, I usually watch. I haven't ever paid attention to what they say about being armed but I will definitely tune to another station now.

Falcon1,
    I like your idea. I went on their site and found a page to send comments about last nights show.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10912603/

If you scroll down it has the show segments and a place to email them. Don't know if it will do any good but there it is.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhorse
    What would a NBC "journalist" say if this same show was held in Illinois, New York, Rhode Island, Massachusettes, et al?

1."The police have to move in fast because in Chicago, IL, it is extremely easy to obtain a handgun license."

Oh wait, uh, no. Ahhhh.......Illinois doesn't allow a law abiding citizen to carry a handgun, much less than have a license to carry.

2."The police have to move in fast because in Chicago, IL, it is extremely hard to obtain a handgun license."

No, thats not right either.

3."The police have to move in fast because in Chicago, IL, it is impossible to obtain a handgun license."

Wait a second. That won't fly. Think, ******, think.

4."The police have to move in fast because in Chicago, IL, it is

(fill in the blank)_Easier to buy an illegal gun off a gang banger than finding a politician who isn't under criminal investigation_."

Anyone have a suggestions? Don't let the facts get into the way of your reporting.
    How's that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links