No select fire is a violation of our rights... why cant we get them back?

This is a discussion on No select fire is a violation of our rights... why cant we get them back? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ma Deuce for the WIN!!! ARGGHHHH I've shot one many times although I would say that owning one would be rediculous expensive. Every TA TA ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: No select fire is a violation of our rights... why cant we get them back?

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Ma Deuce for the WIN!!! ARGGHHHH

I've shot one many times although I would say that owning one would be rediculous expensive.

Every TA TA TA TA TA you hear is a well spent $1.50 haha.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    Sorry, tried to find you one, but this one is already sold......

RAMO M2 .50BMG With Mount

Oooooooooooooh *drool*

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post

I've shot one many times although I would say that owning one would be rediculous expensive.

I would own one just to sleep with it, cause if I bought it that's about all I'd be sleeping with...
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar

Wouldn't that be $7.50?
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

I would rather hear the rapid report of my Colt LE6920 converted to Full Auto - Of course legally after we win legislation outlawing the outlawing of FA weaponry!

:-P
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

A plan to remove the Hughes Amendment

I have studied the subject at length and there may be a very small hope.
    I am waiting for the McDonald ruling to hopefully remove some old precedence.
    The only chance I see is by a court ruling, Congress just does not have the stones. YET

Here are my thoughts.

A person with a C&R and an existing registered full auto applies for a permit to restore an WW2 machinegun.
    The BATFE denies the application.
    The case get brought up to court.

The person already has a full auto and a federal firearm license, precedence has been set.
    The ban is arbitrary since one is already owned
    The requestor is only wanting to add to their collection.
    The firearm was made before 1986 just not registered and since you are only wanting to register and reactivate, you are being INFRINGED upon.
    A long shot, but a chance.

Another issue is holding our representatives to their word
    When they state they are pro 2nd Amendment, have them clearly state HOW THEY PLAN ON SUPPORTING OUR PREEXISTING RIGHTS
    Hold them to their words, get them to commit to repealing the old restrictive laws.

Education is a key issue, we all need to breakdown the stereotype of Full Auto with the general public
    The public is coming around to the notion of concealed carry and the RTKBA for all citizens.

Baby steps, we just got to keep making them

Judging the fact that making fully automatic weapons as available as any other firearm because of the second amendment is often argued about the same way as the argument that slander and libel should not be crimes because of the 1st amendment. I think that getting politicians or anyone in the public domain to swore to it as an election promise is wishful thinking. Also the education campaign has to use a different argument style and not take the because of the second argument. Like I said before it sounds a lot like the “Freedom of Speech” argument.

I think our best hope is for a pro-2A Republican to slip it into a bill that the Democrats really want to pass (someone else said that I think). If we all flooded our congressmen's inboxes with letters saying how we want to register new FA guns, then it would be at the top of their minds and they'd be more likely to fit it in somewhere.

I dont want to register anything. We need to slip it into their minds that they want to fight for what they vowed for .... Support and Defend the Constitution.

Well then I would suggest starting whit motor vehicles. Be easier and a good starting point.

No motor vehicles are driven on publicly funded roadways there I understand and support vehicle registration in order to keep smooth and nice roads for me to drive on.

Guns and personal defense are not public property and there fore should never be or never have been subject to permits or permissions or registrations.

So your automatic weapons will never be off your property?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    So your automatic weapons will never be off your property?
    Yes but my automatic weapons (which I do not own) do nothing for the public that would require maintenance fees and taxes such as public highways....

Do I need to answer any more blatantly obvious and self explanatory questions?

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Yes but my automatic weapons (which I do not own) do nothing for the public that would require maintenance fees and taxes such as public highways....

Do I need to answer any more blatantly obvious and self explanatory questions?
    Maybe a couple.
    Who or what is after you that makes you have this desire for a FA weapon?
    At what caliber, type of weapon, or age of ownership would you draw a line?

Please respond in a reasonable manner, because truly I'm trying to understand your logic.

VIP Member
    Well according to some individuals here, the mere fact that someone has the potential to do something illegal, or kill someone because of their irresponsible actions, then we need to restrict how fast cars go.
    That way, when they are allowed to only go 20 MPH, when some irresponsible dolt decides to drive drunk and careen into some poor family, no one will be hurt.
    How ludacris.
    Hopyard and the other naysayers are entitled to their opinion, no matter how secular they are.
    They just don't hold any rational.

"If you put the government in charge of the desert, there would be a sand shortage within ten years." - A very wise man

"Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is doing it. Right is right, even if nobody is doing it."
    St. Augustine

Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Links