Poll re: Full Auto

This is a discussion on Poll re: Full Auto within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Thanis IDK, plenty of laws already out there. Say some teen (18-19) uses an auto to rob a gas station, no one ...

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the private ownership of fully automatic weapons?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Readily available, with no restrictions

103 45.78%
  • Readily available, with lighter restrictions than now exist

88 39.11%
  • Keep the current system

30 13.33%
  • Decrease availability and increase restrictions

1 0.44%
  • Other

3 1.33%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Poll re: Full Auto

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    IDK, plenty of laws already out there. Say some teen (18-19) uses an auto to rob a gas station, no one was injured. I'm not sure it is just to provide the teen with a greater penality than the wife who shot her husband in his sleep with a 10/22 becaue he would not go see Twilight (even if he did say he would rather be shot then go see Twilight).
    Yeah, I would agree with you. It is the action that should be punished, regardless of the tool used in committing it. Robbery with a pointy stick is not "better" than robbery with a machine gun, so why should the punishment be less?
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    After thinking abit about it, I actually have to change my answer now from some restrictions to no more then for anyother firearm, and Im not happy with some of the current restrictions on firearms.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    IDK, plenty of laws already out there. Say some teen (18-19) uses an auto to rob a gas station, no one was injured. I'm not sure it is just to provide the teen with a greater penality than the wife who shot her husband in his sleep with a 10/22 becaue he would not go see Twilight (even if he did say he would rather be shot then go see Twilight).
    Apples and oranges. Murder always trumps robbery for sentence severity. A better comparison is that armed robbery carries a greater sentence than robbery even though no one is hurt as being armed implies the willingness to kill anyone that resists. Just as robbery with a automatic weapon carries a greater sentence or enhanced sentence over armed robbery as it implies the willingness to kill everyone. I personally see no problem with that. As I said I see no problem with upping the anti further for crimes committed with automatic weapons as they do have a greater threat potential a greater risk to public safety when used illegally. Their use in crime indicates the perps willingness or even desire to do more harm.

For the law abiding there should be no restriction on the small arms we can legally own carry and use.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

wish i can buy one as easy as buying a handgun, they have the full auto weapons prices so high you cna buy a house for the price of one.

they should also allow more Imported Full auto weapons to be sold to civilans too,

look at other countries you can buy an AK47 int he grocery stores!
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmPro View Post
    wish i can buy one as easy as buying a handgun, they have the full auto weapons prices so high you cna buy a house for the price of one.

they should also allow more Imported Full auto weapons to be sold to civilans too,

look at other countries you can buy an AK47 int he grocery stores!
    Look at the following:

Switzerland Murder Per Capita per year:
    0.00921351 per 1,000 people
    They utilize common civilian automatic weapon rights.

United States Murder per Capita per year:
    0.042802 per 1,000 people
    We are not allowed to own or operate fully automatic weapons without paying high taxes and extrememly high pre-ban gun prices.

Do the math which is lower? Hence why we need to allow our citizens any weapon they choose with NO STRINGS. I want a 40mm GL but right now I would go to prison if I owned one.

Source: Murders (per capita) statistics - countries compared - NationMaster
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links