Application for NYC Premise license & FFL01 & C&R

This is a discussion on Application for NYC Premise license & FFL01 & C&R within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I previously possessed a NYC Premise license as well as a NYC Rifle & Shotgun permit but around late 1999 early 2000 circumstances caused me ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I previously possessed a NYC Premise license as well as a NYC Rifle & Shotgun permit but around late 1999 early 2000 circumstances caused me to give both of them up. I currently possess six non-resident concealed carry permits and re-acquired my NYC Rifle & Shotgun permit:

Utah (Sent 03/10/07 Received 07/26/07) 139 days or 4 months, 17 days (+ end date)
    New Hampshire (Sent 08/06/07 Received 08/31/07) 26 days (+ end date)
    Virginia (Sent 08/16/07 Received 09/28/07) 44 days or 1 month, 13 days (+ end date)
    Connecticut (Sent 08/16/07 Received 09/28/07) 44 days or 1 month 13 days (+ end date)
    Florida (Sent 08/16/07 Received 10/26/07) 72 days or 2 months, 11 days (+ end date)
    Maine (Sent 08/16/07 Received 12/31/07) 138 days or 4 months, 16 days (+ end date)
    &
    NYC Rifle & Shotgun Permit (Applied 07/31/07 Received 03/03/08) 217 days or 7 months, 4 days (+ end date)

My company Cavalier Knight LLC is registered as a federal contractor within CCR and I also deal in Military, Law Enforcement tactical gear and civilian firearms accessories. As of 05/21/10 i'm in final determination status to become a SBA Certified HUBZone business.

On 05/03/10 I submitted my NYC Premise Pistol License application and on 05/04/10 via USPS Express mail sent in my applications for my BATFE C&R and FFL 01 (Wholesale Dealer a person, firm or corporation that sells or distributes pistols, revolvers or ammunition only to licensed dealers, law enforcement or government agencies). Including copies to the NYC Police Commissioner.

The BATFE applications arrived on 05/05/10 and the payments were withdrawn from my debit account on 05/07/10.

On 05/21/10 I received a letter from the NYPD dated 05/19/10 in reference to scheduling an appointment to bring in additional documentation.

The original letter is not printed clearly so I recreated it and made it available for your review here:LINK

I'll try to keep this updated as I progress. Thank you.
    Last edited by mrreynolds; May 24th, 2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Updated NYC Term For Wholesale Dealer

Impressive work you have. It takes a good and hard-working American citizen, let alone a NYC resident, to jump through the hoops imposed by NYPD and NYC bureaucracy, including premise permit.

A NYC "unrestricted" carry permit remain elusive unless you meet the legal and "sociopolitical" criteria, particularly if one happens to be wealthy and politically connected.

Good luck obtaining a premise permit!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdogg View Post
    Impressive work you have. It takes a good and hard-working American citizen, let alone a NYC resident, to jump through the hoops imposed by NYPD and NYC bureaucracy, including premise permit.

A NYC "unrestricted" carry permit remain elusive unless you meet the legal and "sociopolitical" criteria, particularly if one happens to be wealthy and politically connected.

Good luck obtaining a premise permit!
    Thanks for your support I hope that I can provide services to the members of this forum as well.

i got my pa cc in 11 days my nyc premise in about 5 months
    NRA LIFE MEMBER SCOPE MEMBER

Distinguished Member
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by anthony59 View Post
    i got my pa cc in 11 days my nyc premise in about 5 months
    Someone told me they know someone who got 1 in as little as 3 months. Waiting on my reference letters now which set me back a week already. @fastk9dad thanks.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I heard on Rush today by Dr. Williams that it is around $$600,000 just to buy a Cab license to own a single cab in NYC.

Man what a place to live.

No where in America is there a free market anymore but really bad in NYC and most places in Cali.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Good luck with this one. I hope you're able to make it through the rest of the NYC red tape nonsense.

hey good luck, i might look you up for advice on that in a few years.

Wow that sucks. Keep on keeping on.

I'm sure some of you are curious to other states. I live in Michigan and am founder/CEO of a firearm and ammunition manufacturing company. It holds a type 07 FFL and is a Class 2 SOT taxpayer. My company manufactures ammunition, machine guns, and silencers. Here's my list:

07 FFL received in 21 calendar days after mailing out (includes transit time)
    Class 2 SOT check cashed 3 days after mailing (cashed 9/11 of all days; my mom's birthday)

Village license: NONE
    County license: NONE
    State license: NONE

My business has the following licenses and permits:

Articles of Organization for Limited Liability Company (state of MI)
    07 Federal Firearm License (manufacturer of firearms [and ammunition])
    C2 SOT manufacturer of NFA firearms

That's it.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

My appointment with my investigator was on 06/02/2010 at 9:30 AM.

I inquired about a possible future business carry license because if my FFL 01 is approved as a wholesale dealer I will then apply for my Class 3 SOT.

Which means I will have access to NFA items and will present NFA items to various law enforcement agencies requiring me to travel with firearms including fully automatic weapons.

My investigator stated that he doesn't see an issue with approval of my Premise license but he will also look into my "qualifying" for a Business Carry License based upon the nature of my intended FFL business. I was instructed to wait 4 to 6 weeks for a response letter.

I'm not holding my breath but I'll report back when I hear from the BATFE and/or NYPD. I thank all of you for your support.

Today I received a call from the BATFE regarding my C&R. They wanted to know if I wanted to use my personal name or business on my C&R. He stated that my background has cleared and he will submit both my C&R & FFL01 at the same time to the New York office.

C&R is a personal collection FFL. A non-human cannot hold a type 03 FFL. Your business name cannot be on the C&R. It's a collector license, not a business FFL license. You can deal in C&R weapons with your 01 FFL. A C&R is only for personal collection, not business.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I know that they just wanted to verify that with me. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    I heard on Rush today by Dr. Williams that it is around $$600,000 just to buy a Cab license to own a single cab in NYC.

Man what a place to live.

No where in America is there a free market anymore but really bad in NYC and most places in Cali.
    True! That silver medallion you see on the hood of NYC cabs is $500,000. You basically take out a mortgage to buy your way into the business.

MrReynold

Good luck!
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links