Brady bunch...

Brady bunch...

This is a discussion on Brady bunch... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; thinks there will be a hearing on hearings on the [so-called] Gun Show Loophole Bill. We need to stay alert and stay moblized. Thanks to ...

Thread: Brady bunch...

VIP Member

Brady bunch...

thinks there will be a hearing on hearings on the [so-called] Gun Show Loophole Bill.

We need to stay alert and stay moblized.

Thanks to Rep. Scott for Pledging Hearings on Gun Show Loophole Bill
    May 19, 2010

Washington, D.C. - The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence today expressed their appreciation to Congressman Bobby Scott (D-VA) for making a commitment to hold a hearing on legislation to close the gun shop loophole.

A bill requiring Brady background checks on all firearms purchases at gun shows was introduced last year by Representatives Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) and Michael Castle (R-DE). Scott, who chairs the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security of the House Judiciary Committee, pledged to hold the hearing at a recent meeting with Lori Haas, whose daughter, Emily Haas, survived the April 2007 Virginia Tech shooting that left 32 dead.

“Our organizations look forward to working together with Congressman Scott and the rest of the committee as we move forward to pass this critical legislation,” said Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign.

“This hearing will show that gun shows are a venue where felons, domestic abusers and others prohibited from purchasing firearms can acquire guns with no background check and no questions asked. The passage of this legislation is long overdue” said Josh Horwitz, Executive Director of the Coalition.

Last week, 65 family members of fallen and wounded victims and nine gunshot survivors from the Virginia Tech University tragedy of 2007 sent a letter to Rep. Scott thanking him for making the commitment that as chair of the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security of the House Judiciary Committee he would hold hearings, stating that:

“We, the family members and the survivors of the tragedy at Virginia Tech are committed to closing the gun show loophole, one of the last remaining recommendations in the (Virginia) Governor’s Panel Report… We especially would like to thank you for your commitment to hold House Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security hearings on legislation to close the Gun Show Loophole.”

Signers of the letter include the following gunshot victims from Virginia Tech Kristina Heegar Anderson, Katelyn Carney, Allison Cook, Colin Goddard, Lily Habtu, Emily Haas, Sean McQuade, Derek O’Dell and Kevin Sterne.

###

As the nation's largest, non-partisan, grassroots organization leading the fight to prevent gun violence, the Brady Campaign, with its dedicated network of Million Mom March Chapters, works to enact and enforce sensible gun laws, regulations and public policies. The Brady Campaign is devoted to creating an America free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in our communities.

For continuing insight and comment on the gun issue, read Paul Helmke's blog at Brady Campaign Blog. Visit the Brady Campaign website at Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.
    BTW -- For a little background on the piece of work who introduced this piece of check out:

Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy : Recent News : McCarthy and Castle Join Mayors in Pushing to Close the Gun Show Loophole

[]

deleted to avoid an infraction

[/]
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Ohh I HATE McCarthy. That "lady" needs to be removed from DC and NEVER returned. Definitely have to keep an eye on this nonsense...

The VA tech tragedy??? Those weapons were legally purchased. Liberals are morons.

VIP Member
    Last week, 65 family members of fallen and wounded victims and nine gunshot survivors from the Virginia Tech University tragedy of 2007 sent a letter to Rep. Scott thanking him for making the commitment that as chair of the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security of the House Judiciary Committee he would hold hearings, stating that:

“We, the family members and the survivors of the tragedy at Virginia Tech are committed to closing the gun show loophole, one of the last remaining recommendations in the (Virginia) Governor’s Panel Report… We especially would like to thank you for your commitment to hold House Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security hearings on legislation to close the Gun Show Loophole.”
    Common brady tactic, using a tragedy to further their cause, after all Seung-Hui Cho did pass a brady backgroud check and purchased his weapons legally, but why confuse people with facts.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

And you have got to love the way they make you think that at a "gunshow' that there are no background checks at all!!!
    You can just walk up to any vendor and buy a gun and don't even give them your name!!!

Yes, lets use people just to pass your agenda!!! Just like Mr. Brady (shot with a .22 pistol) uses himself to ban so called "assault weapons"!
    It makes me sick everytime they talk about the "loop-hole", VT is always brought up!

My father recently died from prostrate cancer, would it make any sense if I started to donate to the fight against lung cancer? I think not!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Nothing new Brady Bunch is synonymous with lies and liars. What continues to amaze me is the number of folks here on DC who parrot Brady Bunch lies and openly support asinine Brady Bunch gun control measures. Is it any wonder that we are losing our rights with so many sell outs in our ranks?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Links