South Carolinians: Defeat Henry McMaster June 8 in the Republican primary

South Carolinians: Defeat Henry McMaster June 8 in the Republican primary

This is a discussion on South Carolinians: Defeat Henry McMaster June 8 in the Republican primary within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you are able to vote in the June 8 Republican primary in South Carolina, please vote for someone other than Henry McMaster for governor. ...

Thread: South Carolinians: Defeat Henry McMaster June 8 in the Republican primary

Exclamation South Carolinians: Defeat Henry McMaster June 8 in the Republican primary

If you are able to vote in the June 8 Republican primary in South Carolina, please vote for someone other than Henry McMaster for governor. I'm voting for Nikki Haley.

To see why, please visit GrassRoots South Carolina - Our Goal: Citizens carrying arms whenever and wherever they choose. and click on the link "Read the article that has Republican leadership asking 'What will gun owners do in June?'". You can get to the latest newsletter directly at http://www.scfirearms.org/TheDefende...derMay2010.pdf.

While you're there, join GrassRoots GunRights of South Carolina.
    Visit my Winchester Ranger Talon page for current pricing.

Thanks for the info, I will try and vote in this primary, do I need to be a registered Republican?

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Thanks for the info, I will try and vote in this primary, do I need to be a registered Republican?
    You don't have to register as a Republican (I don't even think we can in SC), but you must have been registered to vote at least 30 days prior to an election, and you must declare at the time of voting which primary you will be voting in and can only vote in one.

VIP Member
    Thanks for the 'heads up'. I'm seeing his campaign signs all over lawns in very conservative neighborhoods. They likely have no idea what his stance is on gun control.

I just got home and found an NRA post card giving McMaster an A+, I am not happy!

Ok I decided to send an email to the NRA-ILA regarding this, heres what I sent:

I received a mailer from Henry mcMaster stating that the NRA has given him an A+, I believe this should be re-evaluated. With regard to concealed carry in state and city parks, as AG Mr. mcMaster told a county government they could ban conceal carry in a park, which violated State Law. He also told the same thing to a county scholl board with regard to conceal carry permit holders lawfully storing weapons in their vehicles. it bothers me strongly that the NRA, which I support, would support this persons claims of being a friend of the second amendment. Please see attached link for additional information regarding this issue. Thanks sincerely shooterX

http://www.scfirearms.org/TheDefende...derMay2010.pdf
    Last edited by shooterX; May 26th, 2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: additional comment

Unfortunately, the NRA knew about the anti-gun opinion McMaster issued. He couldn't twist the law far enough to allow him to sanction the Georgetown county school district to violate the car-carry provision enacted last year, so that one he quashed. Undoubtedly, that's what he and the NRA are referring to by claiming he protected CWP holders from local governments.

Sponsored Links