The Second Amendment is dead

This is a discussion on The Second Amendment is dead within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Take a look at all the gun laws in this country, all the hoops and loops you have to jump through to buy a firearm. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Second Amendment is dead

The Second Amendment is dead

Take a look at all the gun laws in this country, all the hoops and loops you have to jump through to buy a firearm. Then look at all the rescrictions placed on carrying that firearm in public.

For all it's intents and purposes the 2nd amendment is already dead.

What are we going to do about it? Thomas Jefferson would be starting another war if he were here.
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

2. Remove Ads

huh? I can carry open and concealed. I can buy from anyone whenever I want and have no restrictions outside of class 3.

Living here is as free as it gets.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    huh? I can carry open and concealed. I can buy from anyone whenever I want and have no restrictions outside of class 3.

Living here is as free as it gets.

If it wasn't so dang hot and I could find a job in my industry there I'd move there in a heartbeat!!

I was hunting coyote with my ak the other day and ended up popping up on a backroad with the ak slung and a sheriff stopped and asked me if I needed a ride back to my truck

Now, one state over is communist hell.....

I don't know about hot, i was in Stratford, TX over the weekend and 97 and humid was hotter than anything I deal with out here.

Yeah, I'll agree that AZ is the last hope for the 2A.

I live in California, the 2A is dead here, they are about to pass a law banning unloaded open carry. All legal avenues of carry have been cut off or severly restricted. Those who would choose to carry would have to get a CCW (not likely) or resort or breaking the law.
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

Things in my safe would get me prison time in a state I can see while I work on some days.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Sailor View Post
    Yeah, I'll agree that AZ is the last hope for the 2A.

I live in California, the 2A is dead here, they are about to pass a law banning unloaded open carry. All legal avenues of carry have been cut off or severly restricted. Those who would choose to carry would have to get a CCW (not likely) or resort or breaking the law.
    You have two choices: whip your State Legislature into line, or move to another State.

In all seriousness, you should be burning up the e-mail box of your State Senators and your Governor with e-mail urging them not to pass this law that is blatantly in violation of the Second Amendment. I understand your desire to vent here, but you *really* need to voice your opinion to those in a position to do something about this.

Brian

Brian,

Believe me, I've sent my emails and made my calls. But I fear that the faceless senators and assemblymen in CA no longer serve the people. I can think of only one of my represenitives that I trust (Duncan D Hunter). I just need to vent to the crowd that understands my frustrations.
    MA2, USN

-- Robert A. Heinlein.

I'm happy to write as well, but as a non-California resident I don't know that they'd even read what I had to say.

Brian

EW3
    It's alive and well here in PA; there are very few places I can't carry!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    It's alive and well in many places, sorry, but you are not speaking for Texas I hope because I can buy as my bank account/wallet allows, we can conceal carry and from what I read here, open carry is gaining ground in quiet a few places. It might never be as popular as CC, but that's due to public perception, nothing else.

If you feel strongly enough, starting organization and start getting pro-gun candidates elected into office where you live and force the old bums out that are not pro-gun, easy enough solution partner.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Doing great here in Georgia and if the Governor doesn't veto SB308 before June 8th, then I will be able to carry even more places without the ridiculous grey area of "public gatherings" hanging over me. CC and OC is legal here; you don't even need a license to OC here if I'm not mistaken!

2A is very well alive in Maine. Even if I didn't have my permit I could still OC without an issue and once I was in my car all I would have to do is unload and place the firearm in full view.

I'm not having any trouble carrying here in Nevada. Been carrying a month now and haven't seen a single "no Firearms" sign yet. Was happily surprised not see one at my local fishing hole which is a state park.

2nd amendment freedom can be found in the U.S. but in some states, like the People's Republic of New York, it is nearly dead and a revival doesn't appear to be in our future.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links