GA: SB291 and 308 still not signed.

This is a discussion on GA: SB291 and 308 still not signed. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Government Elections for the state of GA are only 40' something days away. Is Purdue holding out on signing SB291 and/or hopefully and 308 until ...

Thread: GA: SB291 and 308 still not signed.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Government Elections for the state of GA are only 40' something days away. Is Purdue holding out on signing SB291 and/or hopefully and 308 until some time closer? Does it have anything to do with it?

Anyways here is a summary of the bills he has signed thus far this legislative session and our state 2A bills have not been signed....

georgia.gov - Governor Signs Bills into Law
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Refresh me please GA folks....

If Purdue does or does not sign the bills by the deadline this month does that mean the bills will be by default law if he does not sign nor veto?

I hope he doesnt screw us over in the state and if he does Montana is looking pretty nice.

"I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Refresh me please GA folks....

If Purdue does or does not sign the bills by the deadline this month does that mean the bills will be by default law if he does not sign nor veto?

I hope he doesnt screw us over in the state and if he does Montana is looking pretty nice.

It becomes law whether he signs it or not by July, only if he vetoes does it get thrown out. I believe his deadline for signing is June 8th. Most likely it will get through because Sonny knows what the right thing to do is.

I was just watching Good Morning Atlanta and it appears that Sonny is in Cuba right now.

I have to go and re-read when the bills are effective after signing or default but I think somehow I read immediately upon approval. So basically in July we can start public gather carry as well as a host of other pro2a freedoms.

SB291 was vetoed.
    SB308 is now law. As of today it is now law, but give it some time to sink in.

Any reason for veto?

Here I found the Governers stated reasoning:

"SB 291 changes a variety of provisions within Georgia law regarding firearms. Among others, this bill would allow firearms to be carried into unsecure areas of airports. I have already signed SB 308, which clarifies Georgia’s public gathering statute and preserves the rights of private property owners. I believe this language is sufficient and adequately clarifies the law for Georgia firearms license holders. For this reason, and despite unwarranted intrusion into this state matter by ill-advised federal officials, I VETO SB 291."

-Gov. S. Purdue

Sponsored Links