Gun-unfriendly businesses. Call or email them.

This is a discussion on Gun-unfriendly businesses. Call or email them. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Several websites list companies that are friendly and not friendly regarding gun rights. Some of the companies have policies against guns on their property, and ...

Thread: Gun-unfriendly businesses. Call or email them.

Several websites list companies that are friendly and not friendly regarding gun rights. Some of the companies have policies against guns on their property, and others are involved in other anti-gun initiatives. Some of the more well known companies in the news are Starbucks (friendly), and Darden restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc) which have been known to be UN-friendly.

NRA-ILA website
    NRA-ILA :: National Organizations With Anti-Gun Policies

Next is a website from Virginia that lists several businesses, but some of the policies against guns are not nationwide, but only in certain local franchises there. You have to read the policies carefully and even contact your local businesses to find out more.
    Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL) Fridays

A quick phone call or email would be a good way to tell these businesses what you think about their policies. Where you spend your money would send a big message. I tell them that I don't feel safe in a "gun free" zone. These business owners and managers need to be educated with the truth so they can understand the "gun control" myth.
    Last edited by romansten9; June 4th, 2010 at 01:13 AM. Reason: clarified

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    A call or e-mail is always a better method of addressing a complaint than ranting on a forum post. It works well for a "Thank you" also. Companies really appreciate that.

I recently addressed a local county attorney about its prohibition of firearms in parks, which is in violation of state law. Short version, the attorney admitted I was correct, that LEOs had been briefed to enforce state laws only, and that my matter would go before the next county ordinance review board.

It's nice to present your cases before a forum for moral support, but make sure it's taken to the source of the matter, be it a business or municipality.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

OldVet,

Good post.

Thanks for pointing out the calm and correct way to address the gun issues. No name calling or overblown rhetoric. No threats.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    I have found, from both ends of the situation that a thoughtful handwritten letter goes much father than a phone call or an email in getting your point across.

Takes time and thought to write something out, which tends to mean you are quite serious.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

I'd rather let them keep their head in the sand and spend my dollars elsewhere.

As far as restaurants like Olive Garden and Red Lobster... in SC we can't carry there by law because they serve alcohol on the premises... letters won't help matters at all here. We need the state legislature to change the laws in our favor.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion12 View Post
    I'd rather let them keep their head in the sand and spend my dollars elsewhere.

As far as restaurants like Olive Garden and Red Lobster... in SC we can't carry there by law because they serve alcohol on the premises... letters won't help matters at all here. We need the state legislature to change the laws in our favor.
    Yes, we also need to remember that most places follow state laws but that "franchises" are independantly owned and the management can set whatever rules it wishes despite "corporate" policy.

No FL law against CC in restaurants (as long as one doesn't sit at the bar), just "bars and taverns."
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    I have found, from both ends of the situation that a thoughtful handwritten letter goes much father than a phone call or an email in getting your point across.

Takes time and thought to write something out, which tends to mean you are quite serious.

I agree that a written letter can garner more attention (and looks more professional), but it can also suffer from "Never saw it," whereas an e-mail leaves an electronic trail that cannot be erased.

You can add Red & Black Cafe to the list they do not even want police in their cafe and recently asked a police officer to leave because he and his "kind" made the owner and patrons feel unsafe.
    Red & Black cafe shows Portland officer the door, won't sell him coffee again

They can be contacted at
    Red and Black Cafe Portland, OR
    400 Southeast 12th Avenue
    Portland, OR 97214
    (503) 231-3899
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member
    Sounds like time for a discrimation lawsuit by the LEO's union!!!!

Sponsored Links