DOJ Says ATF Unprepared for WMD Response

This is a discussion on DOJ Says ATF Unprepared for WMD Response within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Your hard earned tax dollars at work with the ATF.....check out the picture of the ATF agent! This is representative of the professionals within the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your hard earned tax dollars at work with the ATF.....check out the picture of the ATF agent! This is representative of the professionals within the ATF?

DOJ report says ATF unprepared for WMD response
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

Quote Originally Posted by CenterOfMass View Post
    check out the picture of the ATF agent! This is representative of the professionals within the ATF?
    I am speechless.

Disgusted but not surprised

Why should the ATF be prepared for WMD? Isn't that the military's job?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Wow I guess anything along the lines of proper appearance and attire would be prejudiced.I gotta say one thing with all the pseudo-cop home invasions down here If I saw her coming thru the door I'm gonna assume shes a fake and act accordingly
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    What's wrong with the picture other than her giant hoop ear rings and the fact that not all of those guns in her hands are pointed in a safe direction?

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I'm not buying the picture as it's presented.

As far as the rest of it, I'm with Zacci, why would they even put such a program under the ATF, of course their not prepared, that's the military's job or the FBIs job that have specialized sections to handle such situations EODs and such.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Why should the ATF be prepared for WMD? Isn't that the military's job?
    DOJ has designated ATF to be the DOJ lead coordinator is responding to a WMD attack. This all falls undeneath the "National Response Framework."

How or why ATF was designated to be this lead escapes me.

VIP Member

? for Badolero

Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    DOJ has designated ATF to be the DOJ lead coordinator is responding to a WMD attack. This all falls undeneath the "National Response Framework."

I must have missed something along the way. I thought The Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, and DOD had primary responsibilities in these areas.

ATF? I just don't see that as being part of their job. I'm with Zacci on this one.

In any case, let's all be realistic about things. If a true WMD (nuclear) weapon is ever used against us, everyone within a few hundred miles of the calamity will be on their own. I'm not going to say we have no plans, but I will say we have no plans that will work for the real deal.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I must have missed something along the way. I thought The Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, and DOD had primary responsibilities in these areas.

ATF? I just don't see that as being part of their job. I'm with Zacci on this one.

In any case, let's all be realistic about things. If a true WMD (nuclear) weapon is ever used against us, everyone within a few hundred miles of the calamity will be on their own. I'm not going to say we have no plans, but I will say we have no plans that will work for the real deal.
    That's true, it would be just a mop and clean up and let's get the survivors the medical help they need and how much damage is this going to cost us both physically and economically in the future.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post

^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^

They are under the Department of Homeland Security now I believe.
    The part that I take offense to is this paragraph taken from the article,,,,

They've been responsible--for years--for "all hazards law enforcement planning and coordination for the entire United States and its territories" in a national emergency, they've had no dedicated funds to accomplish their mission, and they're just now getting around to prioritizing it? And they need more personnel while they've got existing ones complaining to CNN that they sit around all day getting paid good money for doing nothing?

Thats enough to piss you off

I got no use for this!!!
    Terry Radzwion
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

She Looks like a cashier @ wall mart with a house coat on & slippers. No JOKE
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Ban the BATFE. They have gotten too big for their britches and have abused their powers time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by CenterOfMass View Post
    Your hard earned tax dollars at work with the ATF.....check out the picture of the ATF agent! This is representative of the professionals within the ATF?

DOJ report says ATF unprepared for WMD response

What, you've never seen a mind reading hat before? Just look at her expression, totally concentrating on reading your mind. Need to get me one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

If there needs to be a federal criminal investigation response component to a WMD attack, then DOJ will be closely involved. For example the site of the attack will be a crime scene. There will need to be control measures for access to the crime scene as evidence is sought, collected, analyzed, etc.

Although we tend to think of WMDs as being NBC, in terrorism cases conventional explosive devices as defined in title 18 are considered to be WMDs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links