Virginia vs Massachusetts

This is a discussion on Virginia vs Massachusetts within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm a native of Massachusetts, but have not lived there since 1981...and an email I received today from my kid brother makes me very glad ...

Thread: Virginia vs Massachusetts

Virginia vs Massachusetts

I'm a native of Massachusetts, but have not lived there since 1981...and an email I received today from my kid brother makes me very glad I'm not there now...

I guess having lived in Texas and Virginia over the last two decades, I'm spoiled that I can openly and freely exercise my rights...

My brother decided he wanted to purchase a 1911, and I sent him some info...and got this email today...

OMG, can the situation get much worse???

Just a little bit of stupid liberal Mass law makers at work ..

BTW - I can not buy any Hi-Standard arms new , either through a dealer or FFL unless the firearm is a used firearm that is already in-state prior to the AG passing the Mass Gun Safety statues. Even then it would have to be a face-to-face transfer between two private citizens. If a licensed dealer did a transfer, even if it was their own personal firearm the AG would pull their dealers license.

Think I'm crazy ? Check out Gun Owners' Action League - GOAL.org - "Protecting Your Freedom Begins Here" - Mass Gun Laws are ridiculous ..

BTW - The AG is Martha Coakley - a vindictive Anti-Gun AG who was the person running against Matt Brown .. she is so Anti-Gun it would take pages to document the stuff she is willing to do to prosecute legal gun owners ..

Check out this:

Patient Killed After Stabbing Doctor At Mass General Hospital Office Building - wbztv.com

The off-duty security guard in this article was put under a six month investigation by the AG - her only comment concerning this was not around the fact that he saved a life by using his licensed weapon - it was the she could not "condone" his actions and that he should have not used his weapon because his life was not at risk ..

One of the reasons I voted for Brown .. she is so liberal she makes me sick ...

I'll call you later .. might be buying a used Glock 23
    The funny thing about this is he tried to call me before sending this email this morning...I didn't answer the call because I was on the firing line at my range with my brand new Glock 23...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Mass--that says it all!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Even worse, he'll have to settle for a gen 2 G23 for which he'll probably pay 550-600. And I believe that was *SCOTT* Brown that defeated Coakley for Ted Kennedy's seat in the senate.

I love Boston as a city but could never live there again. The criminals have more love from the DA's office in Suffolk than the armed citizen.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

They might rename it Mess for Messachusetts?

Mass. helped greatly in our fight for freedom from the English, what happened to them?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I'm glad I live in Virginia!!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Isn't it ironic - in the extreme - that the "shots heard 'round the world" were fired at Lexington and Concord, Massachusetts??? Yet 235 years later, Revolutionary re-creationists needed a special exemption to the state's strict gun law passed to allow them to carry flintlock muskets in parades and to fire blank salutes.

I once had property on an idyllic pond in the Bay State, but there is no way I could have moved there permanently and maintained my hobby and defensive firearms. What a shame.

When did the tide change so dramatically from the self-sufficiency and self-determination of the Pilgrims and the rugged New Bedford and Nantucket whalers, to the nanny-state, risk-averse state government in place today?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Mass Gun Laws

In regards to the illusionary laws that people in Mass feel will stop crime it's tracks by restricting the sales and use of guns,ought to do this,have all the people who believed that owning and the defencive use of guns move out of the state,and in turn have every anti gun person
    in the entire world move in,with one stipulation and that is they can never leave,and seal the borders,so that the don't leave,end of story.
    If by some remote train of thought that A group of people believe that
    they are going to disarm America,they would have A better chance
    swimming up Niagara falls doing the back stroke.

No love lost here for Mass, it's not the greatest 2A state to live in by any means. Sure is not the worst. Restrictions on what we can buy new and certain "safety features" on those limited weapons sure do suck. On the bright side I would wager to bet both Va & Tx have more restrictions on where you can carry than in Mass.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'm glad I live in Virginia!!!!
    Me too. But we stilll got some gun laws that need reform.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Bugdude? Another car lover annnnnnnd neighbor in VA? sweet!

Sorry, back on topic, I love Virginia too.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Georgia may let me down if this gov does not sign these 2 pro gun bills in the next week!
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    No love lost here for Mass, it's not the greatest 2A state to live in by any means. Sure is not the worst. Restrictions on what we can buy new and certain "safety features" on those limited weapons sure do suck. On the bright side I would wager to bet both Va & Tx have more restrictions on where you can carry than in Mass.
    And far less people who can carry.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

If by some remote train of thought that A group of people believe that they are going to disarm America,they would have A better chance swimming up Niagara falls doing the back stroke.

Links