Firearms Industry Launches Radio Blitz to Stop Microstamping in NYS Senate‏

This is a discussion on Firearms Industry Launches Radio Blitz to Stop Microstamping in NYS Senate‏ within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) - the trade association for the firearms industry - launched an advertising campaign in opposition to S. 6005, legislation ...

Thread: Firearms Industry Launches Radio Blitz to Stop Microstamping in NYS Senate‏

Firearms Industry Launches Radio Blitz to Stop Microstamping in NYS Senate‏

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) - the trade association for the firearms industry - launched an advertising campaign in opposition to S. 6005, legislation that would mandate the flawed technology of firearms microstamping in New York.

The 30-second radio spot [http://www.nssf.org/share/multimedia...ping_2010.mp3], playing on stations in targeted upstate New York districts, encourages sportsmen to contact their state senator and urge him or her to oppose microstamping.

Passage of this bill could result in hundreds of layoffs for New York workers as firearm factories consider moving out of the state. Furthermore, firearms manufacturers could be forced to abandon the New York market altogether, amounting to a de facto gun ban, rather than spend the astronomical amount of money needed to completely reconfigure their manufacturing and assembly processes.

"This is an extraordinarily dangerous bill," said NSSF Senior Vice President and General Counsel Lawrence G. Keane. "As legislation that would mandate microstamping not only threatens law-abiding gun owners but our industry's ability to supply the nation's law enforcement officers and military with high-quality firearms, we are considering the defeat of S. 6005 a top priority."

In addition to launching a radio ad campaign, NSSF has issued a legislative alert in the state and is planning a firearms industry press conference on the steps of the state capital.

LINK

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    God I pray it gets defeated.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    God I pray it gets defeated.
    As do I Living in this state could drive anyone insane
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Distinguished Member
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

This would just be another waste of taxpayer money. We have already collected spent casings from every new handgun sold since '01 for ballistic comparison to the tune of ~$35-40 million. And what has it shown us? That legally purchased handguns aren't being used in crimes as it has been used to solve ZERO crimes. I can't see how microstamping is going to show us any different. It's just a feel good law that allows some politicians to pat themselves on the back.

Don't Cross your fingers.

Call and write your state senators and representatives. Get your friends to call and write.

Many years ago I asked a state representative from Virginia how many constituents had to contact him to really get his attention. He said five. Five folks call and tell him their opinion, he said he would seriously consider changing his vote. Five. On a very popular subject he said he rarely got more than 25 contacts.

Call!!

Write!!

Its YOUR choice.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TVille View Post
    Don't Cross your fingers.

Call and write your state senators and representatives. Get your friends to call and write.
    I already did that a couple of weeks ago.

The NRA did a huge mailing blitz as well urging members to contact there senators.

I moved away from NY when I was 13, must have been fate!

This is just bad legislation, I'll bet if you checked hard enough you'd find that some politicians are connected with the micro-stamping industry.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Links