U.S. Constitution Being Sold With A Disclaimer - Page 2

U.S. Constitution Being Sold With A Disclaimer

This is a discussion on U.S. Constitution Being Sold With A Disclaimer within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looks like the warning has had its desired (possibly) effect ... The controversy created has greatly increased sales ... Great marketing ploy ... And all ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Constitution Being Sold With A Disclaimer

Looks like the warning has had its desired (possibly) effect ... The controversy created has greatly increased sales ... Great marketing ploy ... And all the free advertising too ... People are gonna run out and make a purchase just to read the label ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Bernard Books

No surprise. There is a govt. agency that wants to put choking hazard warning labels on food.

Getting closer and closer to the vortex above the drain.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    My Disclaimer would be a bit different...

This book was a product of its time and it does not reflect the same values that it does today because modern values have been perverted. Parents might wish to explain to their children how views on race,gender,sexuality,ethinicity and interpersonal relationships have changed since this book written before allowing them to read this classic work. Parents should also explain that these classic documents were written by God-fearing and moral men that held themselves to a higher accountability,and that the concepts presented in this book may be seen as outdated, irrevelant or null and void by many people in todays society.
    I think yours is much better!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    Conversely, I have no problem with the disclaimer.

When the Constitution was written, women didn't have many rights. Nor did blacks, indians, hispanics, asians, etc.

So, some of the clauses in the Constitution reflect the times of when they were written. Times that were different than today. Thus, the disclaimer saying just that.
    This is true, however, no where in the Declaration of Independence, Constitution or Articles, are the expressly denied rights either. Nor is any race, religion or creed, there are no lines regarding sex. The Founding Fathers of this nation certainly did have different values and beliefs regarding these things listed, however, the The Constitution was written as a living document.

Those documents can only be read with contempt or offense if so desired by the reader's agenda, likely influenced by the left leaning educational system and media in this country. That is not a shot at you, sir, nor any other poster here, to clarify. To take offense at the men and their particular opinions on women, blacks, slavery etc, is fine. The Documents as written, are damned near perfect. imo
    SA Loaded 1911
    XD45 Service
    XDs45

Wilder publications website registration information:

Registrant:
    Wilder Pulications, LLC

PO Box 3005
    Radford, Virginia 24143
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy)
    Domain Name: WILDERPUBLICATIONS.COM
    Created on: 31-Jan-07
    Expires on: 31-Jan-12
    Last Updated on: 01-Feb-10

Administrative Contact:
    Lapine, Warren wilderpubs@yahoo.com
    Wilder Pulications, LLC
    PO Box 3005
    Radford, Virginia 24143
    United States
    (540) 763-4491

Technical Contact:
    Lapine, Warren wilderpubs@yahoo.com
    Wilder Pulications, LLC
    PO Box 3005
    Radford, Virginia 24143
    United States
    (540) 763-4491

And the contact information from the LLC filed in Virginia:

06/10/10 LLCM3220
    LLC DATA INQUIRY 0820
    LLC ID: - 6
    STATUS DATE: 12/31/08
    DATE OF FILING: 08/13/2007
    PERIOD OF DURATION:
    INDUSTRY CODE: 00
    STATE OF FILING: VA VIRGINIA
    MERGER INDICATOR:
    CONVERSION/DOMESTICATION INDICATOR:
    P R I N C I P A L O F F I C E A D D R E S S STREET: 164 INDIAN VALLEY RD CITY: RADFORD
    STATE: VA ZIP: 24141-0000
    REGISTERED AGENT INFORMATION R/A NAME: WARREN C LAPINE
    STREET: 164 INDIAN VALLEY RD
    CITY: RADFORD STATE: VA
    ZIP: 24141-0000
    When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe.

I love the reviews and rating on amazon
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Senior Moderator
    Well it does contain those dangerours ideas of individual freedom and limited fedearl government. You can't have kids learning about those things because if they do then how will you control them as adults
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Administrator
    You cannot complain about a disclaimer being on an American Flag when you buy one because they are all Made In China...so there is nobody in the U.S. to complain to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I wonder when they are going to start putting a "disclaimer" on the box when you buy a new United States Flag for your home?

What they did is down right offensive to me! I am literally outraged! Makes me want to...

I wonder if I can sue for being offended? Every other far left zealot does, and often times end up getting their way. Shouldn't me being offended be taken just as serious as a left wing zealots offense?

When the Constitution was written, women didn't have many rights. Nor did blacks, indians, hispanics, asians, etc.

So, some of the clauses in the Constitution reflect the times of when they were written. Times that were different than today. Thus, the disclaimer saying just that.

bingo

Quote Originally Posted by mech View Post
    This is true, however, no where in the Declaration of Independence, Constitution or Articles, are the expressly denied rights either. Nor is any race, religion or creed, there are no lines regarding sex. The Founding Fathers of this nation certainly did have different values and beliefs regarding these things listed, however, the The Constitution was written as a living document.

Those documents can only be read with contempt or offense if so desired by the reader's agenda, likely influenced by the left leaning educational system and media in this country. That is not a shot at you, sir, nor any other poster here, to clarify. To take offense at the men and their particular opinions on women, blacks, slavery etc, is fine. The Documents as written, are damned near perfect. imo
    except for the part about slaves being only 3/5ths of a person, yeah, its a perfect document.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    except for the part about slaves being only 3/5ths of a person, yeah, its a perfect document.
    Funny, I could have sworn I typed NEAR perfect. How could I have made such an omission.

Oh, that's right. I didn't.
    SA Loaded 1911
    XD45 Service
    XDs45

Even though times are different from that period in our history, it does not make those documents any less valid or important to our country today. My Dad used to say that those "old ******" really knew what they were doing when they wrote the constitution, providing methods by which it could be modified and updated as our country matured, because they understood that they were only men, and as such imperfect. He would also say how he wished that today's leaders were as smart as they were. I strongly disagree that the constitution is a "living document" to be interpreted from the perspective of the current era in our history, if this was the case, our Founders wouldn't have bothered to included ways to modifiy the document. It says exactly what it means, just in the way of writing and speaking prevalant during that era.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    HAHAHAHAHA

They have a freaking yahoo address for their professional business address.

What an outfit. Must be some garage hippie college "coexist" bumper sticker volkswagen bug driving college kids trying to make a dollar.

My nearby neighbor is an ultra liberal so I make sure to open carry checking the mail just to enjoy the look of horror as my weapon is peacefully not mass killing anyone while attached to my side.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mech View Post
    Funny, I could have sworn I typed NEAR perfect. How could I have made such an omission.

Oh, that's right. I didn't.
    You need to backpedal a bit faster.

VIP Member

+1 RobP

Well put, and of course there are 220 years of Supreme Court interpretation, as provided for by the document, which have altered its meaning or the way the actual words are applied as law.

The disclaimer certainly seems "weird" but not offensive; at least not to me.

Again, Declaration is of historic interest and should be discussed in relationship to the history of the day. The Federalist Papers are just that; the opinions of a subset of individuals. They have no real value beyond being a sometimes useful guidepost to what was on the mind of some of the founders.

The Constitution itself is LAW. But as all law, it gets applied differently and understood differently through time. The founders provided for this with the creation of a Supreme Court.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links