Fire Mission --PARADE magazine

This is a discussion on Fire Mission --PARADE magazine within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Another poll re: a bill to give the attorney general the discretion to revoke a Constitutional right--to prevent a firearms sale to an innocent citizen ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Mission --PARADE magazine

VIP Member

Exclamation Fire Mission --PARADE magazine

Another poll re: a bill to give the attorney general the discretion to revoke a Constitutional right--to prevent a firearms sale to an innocent citizen unfortunate enough to be on the watchlist--without due process of law.

Hit this Poll!

Should Suspected Terrorists Be Allowed to Buy Weapons | Parade.com
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

I know two people on the "no-fly" list...they have been trying to get off for years...

One is a retired Navy Lt. Commander, who is now a CEO of a business...the other is just a common American working man...

But their names have landed them on the list...they have done nothing but lived in the paranoid post-911 Patriot Act world with the wrong name...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveJay View Post
    I know two people on the "no-fly" list...they have been trying to get off for years...

One is a retired Navy Lt. Commander, who is now a CEO of a business...the other is just a common American working man...

But their names have landed them on the list...they have done nothing but lived in the paranoid post-911 Patriot Act world with the wrong name...
    Make it three. BTDT too dang often.

Another David Hicks is an Australian who undertook combat training in al Qaeda-linked camps and served with the ruling Taliban regime in Afghanistan in 2001 under the name Muhammed Dawood. He was captured in Afghanistan in December 2001, was transported to Guantanamo Bay where he was designated an enemy combatant.

Even while he was detained at Gitmo I had problems flying.

BTW -- hit the poll the numbers are slipping toward no due process of law need to stop gun purchases.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Unless one has been proven guilty of committing a "terrorist" (crime) beyond reasonable doubt backed-up with hard evidence, then one must be considered innocent. And this means their rights must be respected.

Too many do-gooders seem to 'feel' their emotional, unsubstantiated opinions should be enacted into laws to control what they deem to be harmful, risky, unfair, insensitive, or poses a threat to their subversive agenda. This is just another deceitful attempt to complicate our right to bear arms with more confusing anti-gun laws ushered in through the back door with "scary" words that frighten those who lead sheltered lives.

The play on semantics is quite clear with the bold use of the term, "terrorist". As with the emotional plea, "We must sacrifice our rights to protect our children." this legislation is aimed at those who can't think logically because they keep tripping over their feelings.

Remember, the road to destruction is paved with good intentions.

And I say, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it, or it will get broke.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

This poll question is so flawed. They've automatically labeled anyone on the no-fly list as a terrorist, but no one knows the criteria to be placed on the list.

Wasn't there a 5 yr old, recently, that had the wrong name and was denied a flight?

BTW yes is at 61%
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Its running about 2/3 yes ,they are saying without due process you can be refused a right because of your name,that's BS
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Its running about 2/3 yes ,they are saying without due process you can be refused a right because of your name,that's BS
    Actually, it's just the opposite...currently running in favor of Yes, which is what I think you would support...

Should suspected terrorists be allowed to buy guns?
    Yes 67%

No 33%
    VCDL Member
    Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Try getting on a plane if your name is Robert Johnson (a friend of mine, not the terrorist).
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

jfl
    We are ahead 67% to 33%.

The poll question is disgustingly biased
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

I just read all the comments posted after the poll, and they are encouraging...or they are from lots of people from this forum...

Only one anti-2A person posted a comment...

I can't wait to see how Parade handles this poll in the Sunday magazine...if they even do...
    VCDL Member
    Theodore Roosevelt

Voted...still 67/33
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    This poll question is so flawed. They've automatically labeled anyone on the no-fly list as a terrorist, but no one knows the criteria to be placed on the list.

Wasn't there a 5 yr old, recently, that had the wrong name and was denied a flight?

BTW yes is at 61%
    Yes and the wording is tricky. "Should suspected terrorists be allowed to buy a weapon?" Simply using the word terrorist creates a knee jerk reaction for many people who overlook the suspected part and even then might say "why are they suspected? they must have done something to be watched!" Which is pure BS.

I like the comment about PETA being falsely listed as a terrorist organization and every member would also be listed as a terrorist by default. I don't agree with PETA for the most part but I do think some of their fight against animal abuse is just.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

OK I'm at a very small airport in Vermont a week back to see my daughter off for a connection to her main flight, and this old 80's year old gal that cannot stand with out her walker goes through the security check prior to boarding a very small commuter plane....
    Shoes off, walker through the x ray, removes every bit of jewelry, and she has to stand after not setting off the walk through with her hands high in the air as they waive the wand over her and pat her down.....

Me PO'd I make my usual out loud comments, "It's not the old women you have to worry about, it's the 20-30 year old Muslim male! They have done all the attacks not the old farts DUH...... Let's profile the bozos to heck with political corectness....

BOT if NICS cleared them then they must not have been terrorist again DUH...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Someone else must be hitting it.

Yes 48%
    No 52%

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Someone else must be hitting it.

Yes 48%
    No 52%
    Now I have it at:

YES = 35%

NO = 65%
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS