New Walmart NO firearms

This is a discussion on New Walmart NO firearms within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just went into the new Walmart in Crawfordville, FL to check out the ammo and rifle selection and to my surprise...no rifles or shotguns, plenty ...

Thread: New Walmart NO firearms

New Walmart NO firearms

Just went into the new Walmart in Crawfordville, FL to check out the ammo and rifle selection and to my surprise...no rifles or shotguns, plenty of ammo. I thought maybe that since it just opened that they have not arrived just yet, so I asked the clerk and he said that they would not be getting them in. He also said that 24 new stores are set to open soon and none of them will have guns. Now, if this had happened in a big city I could understand, but this is in a small town that the entire culture is centered on hunting. I thought Walmart liked to MAKE money not lose it. Well anyway the clerk said I should call 1-800-WalMart and complain. He was as upset as I was. Now, obviously Walmart is not anti-gun or they would not sell ammo, right? Or is it a back-door attempt at getting rid of guns? Wait until they have put all the gun shops out of business, then stop selling guns...wait until they put the stores that sell ammo out of business and then stop selling ammo. Thoughts...comments...anyone?

2. Remove Ads

no telling with walmart i believe they are owned by satan .. walmart surprising has not hurt the local gun dealers here at al in fact the rude sales people and some of there trying to impose laws that don't exist like cant sell ammo after 10pm its a federal law etc etc drive people t the local gun pushers more than ever

I know what you mean

They have not driven but a few local shops out here either due to the fact they do not carry handguns and cannot keep their shelves stocked to save their own lives. one of the 3 Tallahassee Walmarts just started that 10PM crap with not only ammo, but with hunting and fishing licences as well. I cannot remember the number of times I needed a fishing license at the last minute because I got invited to go somewhere and realized mine was expired. I guess I'll get those wherever I decide to buy my firearms and ammo from now on.

Well, our local Meijers stores have gotten into the same habit, so to speak. They at least use a different excuse. Most don't sell ammo after 10PM since the person with the key isn't on duty until the next morning. Except of course for that ammo that's not locked up. That you can buy anytime. What I don't understand is why they don't have more than one key. Suppose that guy loses it???

I read in my local "newspaper" that all new WalMarts would not sell firearms of any type since the turnover rate in many existing WalMarts was low and slow. The same article stated that the corporate office was thinking of eliminating firearms sales in up to one third of their stores nationwide for the same reason.

VIP Member
    There's at least one older WalMart here that has phased out guns completely.

I like buying my ammo bulk from ammoman.com anyway.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Im not really concerned if walmart quits selling ammo and guns because there are enough gun shops around that I'll barely notice. Ive never bought a gun from walmart and only occasionally purchase ammo there. No biggie to me.

Our Wally world has stopped selling guns and gun assess. like cleaning kits, etc.. And their ammo supply was not being restocked (that I could see) because I went in a month ago and it was low (no white box at all) and went in a couple of weeks ago and even lower.

Doesn't matter to me. I buy ammo bulk (if ammoman would do a payment plan I could start buying from him) when I can and just go to Bi-Mart for the other stuff.

I like Bi-Mart better anyway, it's employee owned, better cust. service and they still have rifles (did buy my 10/22 from there). I will talk to them about getting a contract with Win. for the white box ammo. Right now they have it with Rem. and it's more expensive than the white box.

Wayne

Links