Huge gun debate going on right now @ CNN.com -- Lets clear the benches. ;)

This is a discussion on Huge gun debate going on right now @ CNN.com -- Lets clear the benches. ;) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Article here I just posted this... Matt I believe in the right to own a gun to protect my family. I am a CWP holder ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge gun debate going on right now @ CNN.com -- Lets clear the benches. ;)

Huge gun debate going on right now @ CNN.com -- Lets clear the benches. ;)

Article here

I just posted this...
    Matt
    I believe in the right to own a gun to protect my family. I am a CWP holder and have trained with my handgun and carry it regularly. I am a law abiding citizen, and do not have a criminal record.
    Gun laws are only applicable to Law abiding people. Read that again if you missed it.
    Criminals will not follow Gun laws.
    You also cannot pass enough legislation to stop a criminal from obtaining a weapon. If they want a gun they will get one. Once again a criminal will not follow gun laws so they will obtain guns through unlawful means.

If a criminal should take action with a firearm, say in a crowded area, the presence of a lawfully armed and trained citizen could save lives and maybe yours or your families. (There are many cases in the past that prove this)

Those who do not feel comfortable with firearms should not carry. I fully support their wishes, but don't tread carelessly on the rights of others because of your fears. A lawfully armed citizen may just save your life one day, because most armed citizens have a strong desire to be a protector of others.

I carry a handgun because a cop is to heavy.

Respectfully,
    Matt

2. Remove Ads

Fantastic post...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    well written matt...

Thanks...
    You should see some of the comments on that story... a big debate is going on and the liberals seem to be there in huge numbers calling for a ban on all guns.
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ol_1/hand1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by 376matt View Post
    Thanks...
    You should see some of the comments on that story... a big debate is going on and the liberals seem to be there in huge numbers calling for a ban on all guns.
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ol_1/hand1.gif
    Kick and scream all they want. I will not longer debate.

SCOTUS has ruled in favor of Heller and McDonald. they need to STFU and go cry in their pansy pillows now.

The Bill of Rights > anti gun liberals

a big debate is going on and the liberals seem to be there in huge numbers calling for a ban on all guns.
    >.<

as if there are no conservatives who are anti-gun gun?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post

YES!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I just posted

Craig

I am a Liberal and a gun owner and I am thrilled with this decision. Criminals do not obey the law and they will continue to prey on the week. All law abiding citizens should have access to means of self defense, both the weak and strong! cops cannot be everywhere.
    June 28, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Keep making this an issue of liberals vs conservatives and the liberal will continue to oppose.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Keep making this an issue of liberals vs conservatives and the liberal will continue to oppose.
    You are not a liberal, you are what is called a moderate or independent. You like to identify as a liberal because you live in Connectitax but you are not.

I am not a conservative. I am anti-left and right. I am an independent.

Connectitax
    Oh man...tell me about it...LOL
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    as if there are no conservatives who are anti-gun gun?
    I am sure there are, but lets face a little reality here. The overwhelming majority of those who are anti-2A are liberal.

But I do agree 100% with your follow-up post -- this issue is far too important to turn it into a game of one-upsmen-ship between two political ideals.

States such as Illinois and Maryland stay in the dark ages because the like-minded people who push for concealed carry in these states often turn the debate into conservative v. liberal. In those states, you will need liberal support in order to change the CC laws, ownership laws, etc.

2A is FAR more important than mocking another politcial thought process.

With consideration I would like to pile on to AZCHevy's IMHO on point post with same...

I am NOT a conservative.
    I am NOT a liberal.
    I am NOT a 'sheeple'.
    I am NOT a 'wolf dog'.

My political views are largely central & moderate by analysis and by party I am registered as being 'independent' (in MA they consider persons like me as regarding party representation to be unaffiliated).

My political and life views are my own, not driven by nor dependent upon any groups or partys own position....Even those I might happen to agree with in part or whole (i.e. NRA).

What I am though is a free man and citizen who takes this stuff seriously...And by that am not easily nor comfortably categorized as being cookie cutter fit to one or another side of an assumed to be narrow thickness fence.

If only this country had more free men (including women) and less of those who are entrapped by casual political alignment to one or the other party, because 'That's how I was raised' or 'My family has long been <liberal/conservative>' or 'My <parent> is <liberal/conservative> and so shall I be'.

Free men are able to not just act but think and freely on and at their own accord, without being told or shouldered into doing so to one view or another by outside forces...of any sort.

/Spontaneous soap box rant

- Janq

P.S. - Roughly an hour ago I stopped work to go and make myself a lunch.
    My son (4) and daughter (8) were in the kitchen along with my wife eating their own lunch.
    I commented to my kids while preparing my meal that today was a great day to be remembered in US history!
    They of course had no clue WTH I am going on about. So I explain that this morning the US Supreme Court has issued a decision that supports allowance of all citizens, as being men who are created _equal_ (!), to allow them to own and keep handguns for purpose of self defense. Self defense meaning to defend their home/residence, property, and most importantly ones own person as in ability to live life and have babys like they are (my children) to me.

To drive it home I went on to tell them that by right of being born "alive" every being has the right by the rules of nature to live and defend it's own life. Further that most every such being has means or mechanism to do same as in defense.
    I then asked them both to tell me some examples of how living beings other than humans might defend themself, their home or their babys.
    My daughter answered first and excitedly said ARMADILLO!!! Because when danger comes armadillo's roll into a ball and curl up.
    I near busted my spleen and appendix as I stifled my reaction to gut bust into laughter at the visual juxtaposition of armadillo to that of certain people of select view toward manner of 'defense'. But I did not laugh, rather just smiled.
    I told her yes that is a viable means of defense, to curl up into a ball and hope for the best. I asked for more examples.
    She then cut off her brother, because she's aggressive as I am, and said loudly TARANTULA!!! because TARNTULAS "Shoot hairs like bullets at bad guys!!". I continued to smile.
    Then I looked to my son and asked him to give me an example. He needed a little help because well he's just four and didn't fully understand the concept to start, but eventually he on his own came up with 'bumblebee"...Because bees can sting you if you scare them "with their butt". My daughter cracked up laughing.
    I just smiled and told him good answer then gave them both a big hug.

I looked over at my wife the whole time seated at the kitchen table. She and I are opposite as night and day on the matter of defense as well as 'guns'.
    She glanced up at me and then went back to reading the local newspaper not saying a word.

Today is IMHO a great day for America and Americans.
    I'm not getting a lick of work done for having too much fun and joy in reading all the reports on todays decision.
    Thank you Supreme Court of the United [and incorporated] States of America!
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member
    A tarantula married to an armadillo....I'm thinking you might get "stung" into a comfy couch-shaped bed...lol j/k!

And it is just that too.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links