Bloomberg speaks

Bloomberg speaks

This is a discussion on Bloomberg speaks within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Court's decision today and its decision in 2008 in District of Columbia v. Heller both make clear that we can work to keep guns ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bloomberg speaks

The Court's decision today and its decision in 2008 in District of Columbia v. Heller both make clear that we can work to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and terrorists while at the same time respecting the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens. That's what New York City has always done. And, I will continue to collaborate with mayors across the country to pursue common-sense, constitutional approaches to protecting public safety.

[LINK]

VIP Member
    Bloomberg speaks, the rest of us wretch.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member
    I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad...

Quote Originally Posted by mrreynolds View Post
    "... respecting the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens. That's what New York City has always done. "
    [LINK]

Yea, that's what good old Bloomie has always done. He's been such a positive force for our 2A rights, Yea...
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Bloomie's definition of 'law-abiding citizens' is rather narrow.
    By his sovereign decree full-citizenship extends to LE, politicians, judges and members of 'rich and well connected.'
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

He's afraid...

He's very afraid...

I think what I just read was Bloomberg giving the SC the middle finger.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Incredible!

NYC has thrown up every possible road block in order to keep handguns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, including the requirement to complete volumes of paperwork, provide references and pay huge fees in order to exercise what has now be recognized by the SCOTUS as an individual, fundmental right, a right enforceable against the states.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

So I expect all NY state CCW license permit holders will get a letter in the mail from the NYC mayor, welcoming us all to a CC celebration? The letter will go on to say that all our licenses will be amended to include CC for all of NYC?

Wow I can't wait this is going to be..... wait, what? I'm dreaming? Holy crap I thought it was real.... Silly me I should have known it was a dream...... :)....Well don't wake me up now, I'm about to walk into my bedroom where Amanda Seyfried is waiting for me naked......

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    So I expect all NY state CCW license permit holders will get a letter in the mail from the NYC mayor, welcoming us all to a CC celebration? The letter will go on to say that all our licenses will be amended to include CC for all of NYC?

Wow I can't wait this is going to be..... wait, what? I'm dreaming? Holy crap I thought it was real.... Silly me I should have known it was a dream...... :)....Well don't wake me up now, I'm about to walk into my bedroom where Amanda Seyfried is waiting for me naked......
    Amanda is probably hand delivering the letter to you.

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    This may sound dumb, but I don't pay a lot of attention to NYC.

Does your post mean that a person with a CC permit from the state cannot carry in NYC?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    This may sound dumb, but I don't pay a lot of attention to NYC.

Does your post mean that a person with a CC permit from the state cannot carry in NYC?
    If you have a CC in New York City you can carry throughout New York State but if you have a CC in New York State you can't carry in New York City without getting a SPECIAL CARRY LICENSE

Types of Licenses

PREMISES LICENSE: IS A RESTRICTED TYPE OF LICENSE. It is issued for your RESIDENCE or BUSINESS. The Licensee may possess a handgun ONLY on the premises of the address indicated on the front of the license. Licensees may also transport their handguns and ammunition in SEPARATE LOCKED CONTAINERS, DIRECTLY to and from an authorized range, or hunting location. HANDGUNS MUST BE UNLOADED while being transported.

CARRY BUSINESS LICENSE: This is an unrestricted class of license which permits the carrying of a handgun concealed on the person. It is valid for the business name, address, and handguns listed on the front of the license. It is not transferable to any other person, business, occupation, or address, without the written approval of the commanding officer, license division.

LIMITED CARRY BUSINESS LICENSE: IS A RESTRICTED TYPE OF LICENSE. The licensee may only carry handguns indicated on the license in accordance with the specific limitations listed thereon. At all other times the weapon must be safeguarded within the confines of the business address listed on the front of the license either concealed on the licensee's person in a proper holster or stored unloaded in a locked safe.

SPECIAL CARRY LICENSE: Is valid for the business name, address and handguns listed on the front of this license, only while the licensee has in his possession a valid basic county license issued according to the provisions of article 400 of the N.Y.S. Penal law. Upon the revocation, suspension, or cancellation of the basic license, the special license is rendered void and must be immediately returned to the license division.

CARRY GUARD LICENSE: (SECURITY GUARDS, ETC.) Applications for this type of license must be made with the documentation provided by a company's Gun Custodian. It is issued only for the handgun listed on the license. The handgun may be carried only while the licensee is actively engaged in employment for the company whose name appears on the license, and/or while licensee is in transit directly to or from residence and place of employment. At all other times the handgun must be stored unloaded in a locked container, at either the address on the license, or at the employee's legal residence (within the State of New York).

[LINK]

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
    Incredible!
    ...also standard operating procedure for a politician. You can always
    tell when a politician is lying (his mouth is open).

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    He's afraid...

He's very afraid...
    Yup....what you said......I'm curious about reciprocity, both in NYS and between states.....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

I am curious what will happen in California now. Especially in Los Angeles!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links