Chicago City Council to Vote on New Gun Law

This is a discussion on Chicago City Council to Vote on New Gun Law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; when you elect mental midgets into office....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chicago City Council to Vote on New Gun Law

This is what you get

when you elect mental midgets into office.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Let him know you will show the same respect for, and pay as much attention to their ordinance as they are showing for the Constitution and the Supreme Court ruling. You may also ask where the city, which is broke, is going to get the money to defend itself the multitude of new law suits that are sure to be filed against it.

You may also ask when the council is going to start honoring their oath of office.
    NRA Life Member

The ordinance actually hasn't passed the full City Council yet. It was the Police and Fire Committee that approved it. There is still time to be heard. If you are a Chicago resident, please call your alderman (who is entitled to carry a concealed handgun) and register your opposition to these inane regulations.

One of two things needs to happen in Chicago:

1. Vote the nincumpoops out of office and put in some people that are pro 2A. That is IF Chicagoans "really" want things to change. Apparently not.

or

2. Move the out of there and leave the anti's to fend for themselves against the criminals.

I'm just sayin'
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I'd move...ASAP! I don't need the city council to tell me how to protect my family.
    Courage: "Do not follow where the path may lead...go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Retired Army, Infantry
    NRA Life Member

i love the ending of the article posted above from fox news... qoted from daley, "i expect more legal recourse.. everyone has the right to sue" its like he knows what he's doing is wrong. does he really think criminals are gonna abide by the new laws. chances are they don't even know about the new laws. and like all those criminals that owned guns prior to these new restrictions... doubt they'll register them. there are gonna be a lot of suits for discrimination.

found an article with some interresting figures..
    FOXNews.com - Court's Gun Decision An Important Win for Americans Who Want to Defend Themselves

VIP Member
    “Reducing the number of handguns in Chicago is critical to public safety,” Georges said. “Handguns are overwhelmingly the cause of firearm deaths and injuries in Chicago. Handguns were used in 402 of 412 firearms homicides in Chicago in 2008. That’s 98 percent of the firearms homicides.”
    Not to overly confuse georges with facts but the real cause of firearm deaths is the criminal behind the firearm.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by SigFan View Post
    No final text for the ordinance yet, but the city's attorney says it will likely include a limit of 1 handgun per resident per residence, a training requirement, a registration requirement, a requirement to "safely secure" handguns in the home, a requirement to obtain liability insurance, and a ballistics testing requirement.
    Seems harsh but at least it's better than the ban! Wonder how much it's going to cost with registration, training, insurance....

What is the ballastics testing???
    Matthew <><
    Helotes, Texas

Beretta/Stoeger Cougar 8000f -blued, 9mm
    Kel-Tec PF9- 9mm, hard chrome
    Ruger LCP with CT

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Seems harsh but at least it's better than the ban! Wonder how much it's going to cost with registration, training, insurance....

What is the ballastics testing???
    It's to make sure you're not using those "high-powered, armor-penetrating, cop-killer" JHP rounds. Can't have any of that.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I think it would be great if the people of Chicago just woke up one morning and the entire tax base of the City moved out. Mayor would have a real problem with his budget.
    AAAAAAAAAAA freakin men!!!!!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

With every breath I take, I absolutely loathe and despise Daley and his ilk of criminals posing as public servants.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I know in Chicago the politicians exempted themselves from all the gun laws they expect others to follow. You might ask your alderman (shouldn't it be alderperson) if he will be subject to all the new regulations.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links