Restaurant Carry Now Legal In Va.

This is a discussion on Restaurant Carry Now Legal In Va. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's July, 1 and Virginians can now carry concealed in restaurants that serve alcohol, legally. After years of trying to get this passed into law, ...

Thread: Restaurant Carry Now Legal In Va.

It's July, 1 and Virginians can now carry concealed in restaurants that serve alcohol, legally.

After years of trying to get this passed into law, it finally happened. And as of today, the Virginia tuck is a thing of past.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    It's July, 1 and Virginians can now carry concealed in restaurants that serve alcohol, legally.

After years of trying to get this passed into law, it finally happened. And as of today, the Virginia tuck is a thing of past.
    Not necessarily. While concealed you can not have that drink with your meal...

J3. No person shall carry who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or
    club as defined in 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises
    consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia; however, nothing herein may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises. A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall prohibit any sworn apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer or any retired law-enforcement officer who meets the definition of a "qualified retired law-enforcement officer" pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 926C and is carrying the identification required by such statute. from carrying a concealed handgun on the premises of such restaurant or club or any owner or event sponsor or his employees from carrying a concealed handgun while on duty at such restaurant or club if such person has a concealed handgun permit.

The title is also misleading, we've had restaurant carry (openly) for years :p

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Not necessarily. While concealed you can not have that drink with your meal...
    This scares me... I realize the whole one beer doesn't get me drunk argument. But can you imagine th legal field-day created if you ever have to use that firearm at a bar where you have been drinking?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatGun View Post
    This scares me... I realize the whole one beer doesn't get me drunk argument. But can you imagine th legal field-day created if you ever have to use that firearm at a bar where you have been drinking?
    You have been able to OC and drink in Virginia restaurants that serve on-premise for years.

NO major legal field-day.

A few no charge and/or acquittal for SD. The only legal carry conviction I can remember for some time was a off duty Fed.

OTOH, the illegal carry shootings associated with places that sell on premises (esp in the parking lots and streets) have been somewhat steady -- must often felons or clearly intoxicated.

However, they are well below DUI killings.

The "field-days" have been in the press, not the courts.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Administrator
    Please stay on topic to the thread.

This thread is not about consumption of alcohol while being armed.

Quote Originally Posted by tennvol View Post
    The title is also misleading, we've had restaurant carry (openly) for years :p
    Yes, I know, and I'm sorry. I should have added Concealed in the title.

I must admit I was a little excited when I posted this thread as I have been waiting for this day since 1993.

I did however take my family to our favorite Mexican restaurant, where I did CC. (alcohol is served there)
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Links