NRA Now Leans Toward Endorsing Harry Reid

This is a discussion on NRA Now Leans Toward Endorsing Harry Reid within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by BikerRN Harry Reid was awarded an "F" by Gun Owners of America. I think more need not be said. Biker If GOA ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NRA Now Leans Toward Endorsing Harry Reid

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Harry Reid was awarded an "F" by Gun Owners of America.

I think more need not be said.

Biker
    If GOA would stick to guns and not go meddling in unconnected issues like health care they would have more credibility on this.

2. Remove Ads

Exclamation Yeah BUT....

Quote Originally Posted by The Donkey View Post
    If GOA would stick to guns and not go meddling in unconnected issues like health care they would have more credibility on this.
    I would agree EXCEPT that there were tendrils in the health care bull (ummm BILL) that did extend directly into the gun rights arena and ANY legislation that does that is fair game for any gun rights group.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Wink Listen pal...

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Erickson and redstate are right up there with prison planet and wnd when it comes to factual information. I could care less if the pro-gun politician is a fire breathing John Brown type preacher or a lesbian Wiccan. The pro-gunner will get my vote every time. Harry Reid is a pro-gunner.

Harry Reid voted against the extension of the AWB in 2004. The extension of the AWB passed the US senate because ten of those fine gun loving Republican senators voted for it.

Yep, another bash the NRA thread. The Brady bunch applauds your efforts to split the awful gun lobby.
    First of all, I'm an NRA Life member and an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor for 20+ years. Nobody is as PRO-NRA! I'm nauseated by ALL of this but I'm not going to NOT post it when the members should know, EVEN IF there is a whiff of truth to this. EVEN IF they're THINKING of doing something like this, they should be pressured by the membership to cease and desist.

Only somebody with the character of an OSTRICH would think this is a B-A-D idea. Did you not see all of the antigun votes listed above? Harry Reid is exactly like TOM DASCHLE was in the Senate. An antigun chameleon able to blend in with anybody anytime, but owing his loyalty to the antigun LEFT!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

nra friends of the aarp

remember when a lot of aarp members bailed out during the obamacare debate. well Im a nra member that was thinking of being a lifetime member is in doubt now. If the board members decide to play games with politicians,the game will be lost . A lot of members will bail ship,just like the aarp members did.

Yep, i saw the stuff that you posted. Most of it means nothing at all.

I wonder about those who claim to be NRA members but still have no idea how the NRA works or what it stands for. Methinks that the vast majority of the NRA bashers are not and have never been, NRA members.

I can no longer support the National Quisling Association.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I wonder about those who claim to be NRA members but still have no idea how the NRA works or what it stands for.
    Completely agreed. The NRA has secured many important and major wins for us in the past decade. The tide has really turned on gun control and we have the NRA to thank for that. They know what they're doing.

There's a very good reason they don't waste political and financial capital on window-dressing, or feel-good, meaningless actions like backing a marginalized figure like Angle. This is the Big Leagues, not playtime clubhouse in the backyard. If the best option going forward is backing Reid, fine. Obama himself in a live broadcast interview said, "There is no will in Washington for enacting gun control." It's off the table.

And, going forward, if the Senate Majority Leader owes the NRA some huge favors, it improves our position immeasurably. Having the gratitude of Angle would be nice, I guess, but she has zero power and even less influence. That wouldn't change even if she wins her bid for a Senate seat. There's no upside in backing her whatsoever. Politics ain't pretty.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

The list of alleged Harry Reid transgressions posted in the OP looks much like this one made up by redstates and their buds at GOA.

NRA Now Leans Toward Endorsing Harry Reid | RedState

Erick Erickson gets wrapped around tha axle with stuff like flag burning, prayer in schools and gay marriage. If an organization does not support all of redstates far out agenda then that organization gets attacked.

is anyone here saying that they support Harry Reid?
    forget the NRA issue, judge this on Reid's record. I am actively supporting his opposition. He has shown that he will do what ever it takes to pass bills that he wants passed weather they are constitutional or not, weather they fallow the house rules or not. I can not support this man or any organisations that support him. Even if you receive a concession from a snake, you are still in bed with a snake.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Thumbs down ....

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Yep, i saw the stuff that you posted. Most of it means nothing at all.

I wonder about those who claim to be NRA members but still have no idea how the NRA works or what it stands for. Methinks that the vast majority of the NRA bashers are not and have never been, NRA members.
    Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    Sometimes it is better to deal with the devil you know instead of one you don't.

I agree 100%.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

NRA has my complete support. The NRA decal is on my truck and it will be until I die.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

I am actively supporting his opposition. He has shown that he will do what ever it takes to pass bills that he wants passed weather they are constitutional or not, weather they fallow the house rules or not. I can not support this man or any organisations that support him.

I support Harry Reid's re-election bid.

First: Harry Reid is not in the US house, he is in the US senate.

Second: Prove to me that anything this congress has passed is unconstitutional.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar

I for one find it very interesting that just before and soon after EVERY Second Amendment VICTORY
    we find people posting Ad hominem attacks on the NRA on all of the Gun Forums.

I will stick with the NRA and simply ask of you all -

What have YOU done to Support the 2A lately?

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I am not a Reid fan either, but I can understand why the NRA would be doing this. Has Reid supported firearms in the past? No, but he will be indebted to the NRA if he keeps his seat and his tenure means power. A freshman will not have power out of the gate and the next couple of years are very important to the health of our country and the issue we all support; Firearm ownership. If Ried loses, the alternative is very ugly and the NRA (gun owners) will stand to lose a lot of ground in a very short amount of time. This is a tactical move that makes sense, although I dont like the taste. Dont sell the NRA short, they have done a lot for all of us in the past whether we like them or not, they are fighting the good fight. I too have been so mad at them I wanted to cut off my nose, but when I remove the emotion, I know they are right.

Chevy-SS is right, keep your enimies close. Sun Tzu---Art of War---

Here's my sentiment.

1) I think for myself, not who endorses anyone
    2) I wouldn't vote for Harry Reid if you offerred me a $1 mil.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links