Law makers

Law makers

This is a discussion on Law makers within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As I understand it; the second amendment was implemented for the protection from an tryannical government and others that may feel the need to abuse ...

Thread: Law makers

Law makers

As I understand it; the second amendment was implemented for the protection from an tryannical government and others that may feel the need to abuse or use their power to promote their own agenda. Then why on earth are we empowering these same groups of officials to make the rules for our own good. Exactly what makes these "Experts" the governing body to decide what is good for us.. the common man. Most of rant is from the stories that is buzzing around the Chicago decision and what is "reasonable" in the recent decision. Law Enforcement, Politically assign or other? Exactly what would qualify them as experts in what is good for us? Rant off!

VIP Member
    Um, because you (we) elected them. In Daley's case, many, many times over.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

obviously Chicagians have complete faith that the politicians are the gods that are going to protect them and believe that they're inferior or incompetent in making their life choices on their own. I see how crime has mysteriously ceased in Chicago. Why is it so bad if a criminal violates you but its okay if its a politician?
    Last edited by rwojcik; July 12th, 2010 at 01:46 AM.

Here in Colorado every elected government official is required to take an oath of office, including the oath to support and defend the Constitution of the State of Colorado.

Our State Constitution states that the right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of himself, or of the State when summoned to do so, shall be questioned.

Every time a member of our State Legislature, County Commissioners, or City Council members start spouting off about gun control I make a point of reminding them of their oath of office. Then I point out that since they have publicly violated the oath of office I expect their resignations immediately.

I haven't had any takers yet, but I do have a lot of fun.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Um, because you (we) elected them. In Daley's case, many, many times over.
    Actually "you", and a lot of dead people, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links