Anti-gunners Holding Forum on Gun Shows

This is a discussion on Anti-gunners Holding Forum on Gun Shows within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Virginia Shooting Sports Association: Anti-gunners Holding Forum on Gun Shows Monday, July 12, 2010 Anti-gunners Holding Forum on Gun Shows On Wednesday, July 14, at ...

Thread: Anti-gunners Holding Forum on Gun Shows

VIP Member

Thumbs down Anti-gunners Holding Forum on Gun Shows

Virginia Shooting Sports Association: Anti-gunners Holding Forum on Gun Shows

Monday, July 12, 2010

On Wednesday, July 14, at 2:00 PM, Congressman Robert “Bobby” Scott (D-VA), Congressman Mike Castle (R-DE), Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) and Congressman Mike Quigley (D-IL) will be hosting a forum on H.R. 2324, the "Gun Show Loophole Closing Act of 2009." The gun ban lobby, led by the Virginia Center for Public Safety and the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, is promoting this forum as open to the public. That means we need to have a good show of pro-gun folks in attendance to counter the antis that are certain to attend.

The usual suspects will be in attendance and scheduled to speak:

Mayor Larry Gilbert, Lewiston, Maine
    Kenneth E. Barnes, Sr., MS, Founder/CEO ROOT (Reaching Out to Others Together), Inc.
    Colonel Gerald Massengill, (Former Superintendent VA State Police, Chair of the Virginia Tech Review Panel, Sutherland, VA.
    Michael J. Carroll, President, International Association of Chiefs of Police, Alexandria, VA
    Daniel Webster, ScD, MPH, Professor and Co-Director, Center for Gun Policy and Research at John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore MD
    Tom Mauser, father of Daniel Mauser who was killed at the Columbine School shooting, Littleton, CO
    Gerry Nunziato, Youngstown, OH
    Colin Goddard, survivor of the Virginia Tech shootings, Richmond, VA
    VSSA has a large number of members in the northern Virginia area so if you can be in Washington on Wednesday, your attendance would be appreciated.

What: Anti-gun Forum Attacking Gun Shows
    Where: 2141 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, DC
    When: June 14, 2010, 2:00PM
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Yeah...nothing like stacking deck with emotional (not logical) pleas to stop bad people from doing bad things....

Oh...wait...they want to stop law-abiding people from doing something perfectly legal (and guaranteed by the Constitution) in case someone else breaks the law.

Got it.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I would love to go, but I'm allergic to stupidity, & I'm afraid there will be an overabundance of it on the anti's panel.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

The mindset of these folks is just amazing. They truly believe that banning an object will eliminate it's use. It's the "why can't we all just get along?" plea in full bloom.

It has been attempted before and never works. Just ask anyone who remember's the Prohibition Era and see if it stopped people from manufacturing, supplying and consuming alcoholic drink.

If guns are prohibited, they won't just go away, they will go underground and there will be people stepping up from the depths to supply a demand for them and the crime wave will begin.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Golly that is kind of like a bunch of Atheist trying to hold a convention in the middle of Jeruslum....... can you say stupid is as stupid does?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I hereby invite them and their friends to attend Bill Goodman's Gun and Knife [and girlfriend and wife] Show, at Hara Arena [near Dayton, Ohio], this weekend. Tell and buddy and bring a friend!

Sponsored Links