Katrina - New Orleans Disarmament Indictments - Page 2

Katrina - New Orleans Disarmament Indictments

This is a discussion on Katrina - New Orleans Disarmament Indictments within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Guantes I definitely agree re UN troops. It will be interesting to see if new state laws will prevent a reoccurrence, or ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Katrina - New Orleans Disarmament Indictments

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I definitely agree re UN troops. It will be interesting to see if new state laws will prevent a reoccurrence, or if some will try it again when it is prohibited in black and white in state statutes.
    Wonder how much we could get for the baby blue helmets on E-Bay?
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Doesn't the President/Governor have the ability to declare martial law? So essentially in the event of a terrorist attack (what constitutes a terrorist attack nowadays? A drive-by shooting? ) martial law could be declared and the Constitution could be suspended for an indefinite period of time. That means that they could theoretically take your weapons and have legal jurisdiction to do so.

In this day and age of everything being declared a State of Emergency or a "terrorist incident", I'm all too afraid that our fearless leader will invoke martial law just to disarm the populace.

After Katina , and then Greensburg's tornado here that destroyed the town and at least some guns were "confiscated" , the Legislature passed a law that stated.... in an emergency, no one can confiscate guns from lawful owners.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    After Katina , and then Greensburg's tornado here that destroyed the town and at least some guns were "confiscated" , the Legislature passed a law that stated.... in an emergency, no one can confiscate guns from lawful owners.
    Yeah, a lot of people didn't hear a lot about Greensburg because it was only an "isolated" tornado incident and happened in the middle of Kansas, but word got around pretty well next door in Missouri.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    The article title included "disarmament indictments". But the only indictments I saw mentioned were for shooting at a group of people. Did I miss something? I agree that someone should have been indicted for issuing the disarmament order, but I don't see it here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links