Gun Control from a Brit’s Point of View

This is a discussion on Gun Control from a Brit’s Point of View within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My nephew who happens to be a citizen of the U.K. posted this on my Facebook page: "The gun laws here in the UK are ...

Thread: Gun Control from a Brit’s Point of View

Gun Control from a Brit’s Point of View

My nephew who happens to be a citizen of the U.K. posted this on my Facebook page:

"The gun laws here in the UK are ridiculous. They have been written piece meal and in haste following rare incidents where somebody has gone nuts with a gun, for example Hungerford and Dunblain. Each time, the Government has reacted in a knee jerk manner and pushed through laws that strip away and erode further the rights of law abiding citizens.

As a result of this, there are now an unknown number of weapons out there in the hands of criminals that do not care one jot about any gun laws in this country, whereas those of us that are not of a criminal bent are now left at the mercy of the gun toting criminal.

One should have the right to defend yourself, your loved ones, your property, indeed your fellow citizens against the criminal, and defend with deadly force if necessary. Instead, in this country all can do is wag our finger and tell them that they are very naughty (but not too severely, as this may infringe on their ‘human rights).

America – take heed, do not let anybody tell you that stricter guns laws will reduce gun crime – it is pure undiluted bullcrap – all stricter gun laws do is empower the criminal and weaken the law abiding citizen"
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Cheers to your nephew.

There is a member running around with a quote on their signature... "In America, the police say 'Stop or I will shoot', in England they yell 'Stop or I will yell stop again!'" I think that sums it up.

They will pry my guns out of my cold dead hand, empty, and broken from being used as a blunt weapon after I ran out of bullets.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

We have places in the US that go by UK law, they are called California, Illinois and New York!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    We have places in the US that go by UK law, they are called California, Illinois and New York!
    And Massachusetts.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Dont forget the Chicago DA's
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    There is only one problem wit this whole thread and your son's letter.....

He is not a citizen of England. He is a subject and there for have no rights except what is allotted him from the ruling class. There are no human rights so to say...
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I have no sympathy for the British. Their rulers pass these laws because the voters keep reelecting them. Duh... You'd think two world wars would have given you people a modicum of common sense. Next time you guys are on your own.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    I have no sympathy for the British. Their rulers pass these laws because the voters keep reelecting them. Duh... You'd think two world wars would have given you people a modicum of common sense. Next time you guys are on your own.
    And this country has the same problem. Our citizens are the rullers but the politicians do not know this because they keep getting elected by the Kool Aid drinkers that cannot see what is happening to this once great country. Wake up America!!!
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    There is only one problem wit this whole thread and your son's letter.....

He is not a citizen of England. He is a subject and there for have no rights except what is allotted him from the ruling class. There are no human rights so to say...
    He's my nephew, but other than that you're right. They have no Constitution so their rulers do as they please. We do have a Constitution, but it seems like our rulers forget about it more often than not.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Night Flight View Post
    And this country has the same problem. Our citizens are the rullers but the politicians do not know this because they keep getting elected by the Kool Aid drinkers that cannot see what is happening to this once great country. Wake up America!!!
    Amen! The citizens of the U.S. are getting more and more like the sheeple of Europe.

"Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." -- Dwight Eisenhower

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

I agree, the Brits have done this to themselves and, by and large, they deserve no sympathy. They are fools to embrace their system and we should be disgusted with every step we take in this country on the path they've followed.

Links