Headlines in Minneapolis Today

This is a discussion on Headlines in Minneapolis Today within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; At least the article states several times that they are interested in illegal guns or legal guns used in illegal activities. For those interested here ...

Thread: Headlines in Minneapolis Today

Headlines in Minneapolis Today

At least the article states several times that they are interested in illegal guns or legal guns used in illegal activities.

For those interested here is the link:
    http://www.startribune.com/local/990...7PQLanchO7DiUr
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hallelujah, if you get the criminals off the street you will reduce crime, what a revelation.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Pretty novel idea. Blame the criminal and not the gun? Better not let the Brady Bunch hear ya...
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

I'm sure some of these young people were innocent, but how many were involved with gang or illegal activities? The mothers blaming others and not looking at themselves.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Here's part of the problem right here... "It's not going to be willy-nilly scooping up any youngster who's making a mistake," said U.S. Attorney B. Todd Jones."

They are already saying that they want to be tough on illegal guns, except if you're an 14 or 15 year old with a gun...hog wash! If you're tough enough to carry that illegal gun, then you better be prepared to do the time.

These young kids, who are not afraid to shoot their victims, now know that they'll be treated differently.

A 14 year old robbing with a gun should spend the same 'decades' in jail as the big boys.
    If you want to end violence, then lock it up when it occurs.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I didn't mind it. The whole idea was that if you caught the young felon with a firearm, you'd get the Feds involved to tack on some serious jail time. Shazam, who'd have thought that locking criminals up would result in lower crime rates? It certainly will do more good than those idiotic gun buybacks.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Yeah, a simple concept.
    Richmond has been the laughing stock for some time when they finally decided to get serious about ILLEGAL weapons.
    http://www.ojjdp.ncjrs.gov/pubs/gun_...profile38.html

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmac58 View Post
    Yeah, a simple concept.
    Richmond has been the laughing stock for some time when they finally decided to get serious about ILLEGAL weapons.
    http://www.ojjdp.ncjrs.gov/pubs/gun_...profile38.html
    Norfolk recently has the highest homicide rate for the rest of Hampton Roads this year. Been residing Richmond since March of this year and will be moving out back to either Norfolk or VA Beach close to the end of this year. Knowing that Richmond was at its highest homicide rate in 2006, how high is Richmond's crime rate for this year compared to Norfolk? I do not seem to find it for this year.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    It's all fine and dandy to prosecute the felons to the fullest. But I highly doubt that they will serve their full sentences, even if their will be added extra prison time for their use/possession of guns. Half of them would get paroled or cop a plea to reduce their sentence. As a result, they would be back in the streets, either starting a legit, new life or doing the same criminal stuff over again. And those who have murdered need to be put to death and should never be back out in the streets. And, locking up murderers is another extra burden on the taxpayer, unless you want to make the prisons like Maricopa County Sheriff Arpaio's "Tent City" (LOL).

GM
    IMO this is a big joke.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Read between the lines. In the first place they don't even reveal how many of the "29 Homicides" may have been justifiable, nor how many of the "victims" were criminals. Remember, it's an old stunt of the Brady kooks to count criminals killed by police and citizens as "victims".
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Links